Major Help Needed Asap

Yendor35

Standard Member
Hi everyone
My adorable 10 year old daughter was playing around with my iPhone last night and as always she goes of to bed and I didn't give it a second thought. Got up this morning to go to work, checked phone for messages and guess what? She has only managed to put a password on the phone. so I have now got a phone that no one has a clue on how to open it without the passcode.
Does anyone know what I need to do to either bypass the code to reset it or any other way of getting into it, also how many chances do you get to enter the number before it locks out?
As this has all my work info stored in it that would have been sent though last night.

Thanks
Rod

hutch

Distinguished Member
The only way is to restore it in iTunes im afraid.

If you do a sync before restoring im not sure if that will save the password as well though... one way around it would be to plug into iTunes and before it starts to do a sync and backs up (cancel it if it starts automatically) change the name of your iPhone and then sync, that way you will have two backups one which will be prior to the passcode being put on and one after.

Then restore with the latest backup and see if it has passed through the passcode, if it has then just resore again and with the older backup although you will have lost anything you have added since that backup was created.

Yendor35

Standard Member
The only way is to restore it in iTunes im afraid.

If you do a sync before restoring im not sure if that will save the password as well though... one way around it would be to plug into iTunes and before it starts to do a sync and backs up (cancel it if it starts automatically) change the name of your iPhone and then sync, that way you will have two backups one which will be prior to the passcode being put on and one after.

Then restore with the latest backup and see if it has passed through the passcode, if it has then just resore again and with the older backup although you will have lost anything you have added since that backup was created.

Hi thanks but when I connect it to iTunes it just say cannot connect to Rods iPhone untill the passwcode has been entered???
Which has me at confusion.

Rod

Yendor35

Standard Member
put it into DFU mode and then restore it through itunes like hutch said....

Hi I have tried the DFU but everytime I try a restore the phone via iTunes it gets about 15mins into restore then the phone reboots and I still get "iTunes cannot access rods iphone untill the passcode is entered to unlock it" or something like that but thats basicly what its saying. Although iTunes is still downloading update.
I am lost now and I have no idea what to do next.
Even the iPhone does not give me the keypad to unlock it now all it does is go directly to theconnect to itunes pic?:confused:

RobM

Distinguished Member
It would be well worth hunting down your local Apple store with a Genius bar. They should be able to shed some light on this for you.

charvelj

just a thought, but have you tried removing the sim ?

it might just be the sim thats locked.

Also try this.

First, turn your iPhone off...
You can turn it off even if it is locked with a passcode.
If you don't know how to turn it off:
1. Press/hold power button for 5 seconds
2. Slide the red bar at the top all the way to the right.

Once off, wait 5 seconds

Press/hold power and home button for 10 seconds... (EXACTLY 10 SECONDS)
Release power button but NOT the home button, hold the home button for an additional 10 seconds.
After 10 seconds, you can then release the home button.

After that, connect your iPhone to iTunes, and then it will say "iTunes has detected an iPhone in Restore mode. You must restore your iPhone before using it with iTunes". Now you can restore your iPhone and recover it from it's passcode lock

Yendor35

Standard Member
put it into dfu mode and then restore it through itunes like hutch said....

hi again guys

thanks you thank you thank you
i did manage to get the phone in the dfu mode. Once the software was downloading i removed the phone from the pc and when it had finished downloading i put the phone back into the dfu mode and connected it and itunes started to remove old software and reboot the phone with the new software.
Everything is working perfectly now thanks except i lost all the data but thats the price you pay.

Thanks again everyone for their input

rod

DJACID

glad you have fixed it,,

next time you sync the phone with itunes,

under devices on the left it will say the name of the phone,
right click on that and click restore from back up,
then another box you come up with the back up you have on that computer,
choose the back up and restore,

after that is done you will have all your stuff back....

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom