• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes. We're still rebuilding the database indexes, so searches won't be reliable for a few hours, but we feel it's more important to bring the forums back online. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post. Thank you for your patience.

Question Major dilemma - which reciever and which auto eq

Jesper79

Hi guys

Within the next year Im gonna buy a new reciever og pre amp.

I now own a marantz av 7702mkii and a marantz mm8807 amplifier and a Nad m25 amplifier. Speakers are mksound s150mkii. 2 mksound x10 subs.

That all ok, but now with the new audessey app with better control i want to try something else than the old audessey xt32 that I have now.

Im in doubt whether to buy marantz again as I have read that the audessey app isnt that great. Should I instead look towards Yamaha or Anthem?
I want an autosetup as good as possible without me doing all to much.

I dont want a harsh sound but a more warm, crisp sound. I want to come close to the sound in a real cinema as possible.

What do you say guys? New anthem, Yamaha og the new marantz av7704 when it arrives in october?

ashenfie

I would say either a Arcam or Anthem as these have the better eq systems. Yamaha has improved it system, but it's not in the same league.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom