Major annoyance with Pioneer HTP-600

youngsyp

Distinguished Member
Hi all,

I'm not sure if anyone else has this combination of kit but, I'm sure others have had HDCP issues and could advise.

Kit list:

Samsung LE52A656 TV
Oppo BDP-80 BD player
Pioneer HTP-600 receiver/ speaker system

The Oppo is connected to the BD/DVD HDMI input of the HTP-600 and the TV is connected to the HDMI output.
The Oppo is set to Pure Direct for the HDMI out and the HDMI CEC is set to on.

The TV will be on, then I switch on the receiver, wait a couple of seconds then switch on the BD player. This will normally allow the Blu-ray to get to the top menu (but not always) but, almost inevitably, once the movie starts to play, the TV will switch to display a "Mode Not Supported" message. It will also occasionally show the movie but, display 'sparklies' too and the TV will become unstable and drop the image often.
I then go through the process of switching equipment off, changing inputs etc until I get what I should, a nice stable picture.
Now, this never happens if I'm viewing a DVD on the Oppo or any media content and won't if the Oppo is directly connected into the TV.

So, has anyone else experienced this? And if so, what's your best remedy for stopping it happen? A specific switch on sequence or set up for example?!

Thanks in advance,

Paul

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming to Netflix in November 2020: Tom's Thumbs.
Top Bottom