1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

major 32pw9617 problem?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by wiggy, Feb 17, 2003.

1. wiggy

wiggy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Switched on this morning and found a blue bar at the top of the screen sying demo and half way down another blue bar saying comb filter on. Cannot change inputs on the remote other than with channel change button and many other features do not work - cannot access set up or any other menus - Help please!

2. wiggy

wiggy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Apparently I somehow accessed the Demo menu used by dealers. If you press the menu button on top of the set for a few seconds the normal view is restored. However i may have switched the comb filter off - anyone know how to put it on again - Thanks

3. Nyquil Driver

Nyquil Driver
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't worry about it... It's not possible to make any permanent changes in the demo menu.

I thought the same as you (that maybe I'd adjusted the set-up somehow) after accidentally switching on the menus with my centre speaker. Thankfully though, it's only for demonstration purposes and doesn't have any effect on the TV's actual settings...