1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mains leads and conditioners by Tacima??

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Mr Neato, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Mr Neato

Mr Neato
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anybody heard of them, tested them or compared them to others eg russ andrews or merlin. Sold by Maplin apparantley and look quite good value. Any feedback from anybody appreciated

Mark :confused:

2. Mr Neato

Mr Neato
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nobody heard ot these then, Anybody.....

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    http://tacima.com/mains_cond4.html
    look nice what are the prices like?
    Found prices and they seem good for the cables I am very interested in them but why no Figure 8 and no unterminated for hardwired devices STB etc.....

4. Maveric

Maveric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought two of the thicker power cables (from Maplin) and have added a clip on ferrite to them at each end. As a cheaper Merlin type cable they seem to work well and are well made, although its early days. I think your biggest improvement is going to be getting rid of the free cable and I can't see how there could be much difference between the Merlin and the Tacima ones, or should I say a difference worth paying the extra for. I plan to get the conditioner later. I guess the benefit of this kit is most noticed by those with a dirty mains signal. However, the most noticable improvement I achieved was forcing my mains leads and HiFi sound cables away from each other and not coiling up excess cable.

Conditioner url
    http://tacima.com/mains_cond3.html

5. Damian1978

Damian1978

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +264
    I got one of the High end mains cables for my LCD TV (now returned....grrr) and they are made quite well.

I've also got the silver 3 stage mains conditioner and it seems perfectly fine.

I've upgraded from an Olsen Mains block and the sound does seem to have changed. Its seems that bit more dynamic and the bass a tad more refined.

They have a 14 day return policy (and I tried one a bit ago which was kinda cosmetically damaged and did'nt seem to do anything and they took it back no questions asked).