1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mains Filter Advice

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by TurnipFarmer, May 25, 2005.

1. TurnipFarmer

TurnipFarmer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I would like to get a mains filter for my system but need advice from you guys.

Which do you reccommend? are they worth it?

I am thinking about getting the oneclick power? is this only good for computers?

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    What is your system ?

3. paulflowe

paulflowe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You need a delta filter I think, but it depends on the system config. I have one on my Lexicon processor - really makes a difference to the performance of the DACs within it - translates as a more musical sound, deeper bass, and less tizzy vocals from DVDs. Effectively a capacitor across live and neutral, followed by two inductor coils, smooths 'dirt' from the signal path - result is a more strictly regulated power supply, allowing the electronics within the unit to work more optimally. Mains power (50HZ) gets through, but higher frequency energy ('dirt') is blocked then drained to the earth pin connection.

Not a brilliant explanation - just my understanding of how it works! I'm sure other forum members are better qualified to help you further.

Ta-da,
    Paul.