Mail problem?

cooey

Distinguished Member
Hi guys

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this or not...

I use the Mail software on my iMac for both of my AOL email address', but for some reason tonight on one of the accounts it keeps rejecting the password, but when I log onto the email on the internet, it logs in fine and can view it all fine via www.aol.co.uk

I've checked the settings on both account in 'Mail' and they are both the same and the password is definitely correct

Any ideas?

Tenex

Novice Member
I get this frequently for one of my POP a/cs. I don't think its anything but a connection problem perhaps network issues etc. Drives me crazy, thankfully its not on the major a/cs though they too get hit occasionally. I haven't found a fix for it.

M

marco_79

Hi,

Have had this problem recently and got the answer on here.

Closed down mail.
Go into keychain and delete all entries to do with your email passwords.
Open mail send yourselve an email and re-enter the passwords for pop3 & smtp.
That should be it.

Marco

cooey

Distinguished Member
Hi Marco

Thanks for that mate, dumb question here though.... how do I delete the keychain? :confused:

cooey

Distinguished Member
Hi,

Have had this problem recently and got the answer on here.

Closed down mail.
Go into keychain and delete all entries to do with your email passwords.
Open mail send yourselve an email and re-enter the passwords for pop3 & smtp.
That should be it.

Marco
Just done it and has made no difference at all.... still the same sodding problem :mad:

spooney

Novice Member
This actually happens for sure, if you are logged in from another machine/client or the last connection was not closed properly.
I suggest to log into your account via web browser and then log out properly via the log out and not by closing the window.

cooey

Distinguished Member
Thanks

Done and still no change, same thing happens. I just find it strange that I am using an other AOL email address on the same program as my secondary email, the settings are exactly the same apart from the username and password and that one is working fine :confused:

cooey

Distinguished Member
It's now decided to start doing the same to my secondary account now! :mad::suicide:

EDIT: Secondary account seems to be working fine again now!!

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom