1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Magnetically shielded speakers - £100 to £200

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by avid fan, Aug 7, 2002.

1. avid fan

avid fan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all

This is my first post, but I've frequently browsed these forums for useful info regarding hifi.

My current problem is thus:

I have recently purchased an av receiver (marantz sr4200), with the aim of watching dvds in glorious surround sound rather than stereo.

I currently have celestion F1's as my main speakers, but wanted to go for something a bit more substantial, and move these to become the rear speakers.

Budget between £100 - £200, I had intended to get F20s for the fronts - but I hear celestion have stopped doing them, so I was after some suggestions.

The priority is that they MUST BE MAGNETICALLY SHIELDED- they'll be close to the tv. I can't find many floorstanders that are at this price - my current leaning is towards the mission m73s.

Cheers in advance for replies

2. CodeThief

CodeThief

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    If you can stretch a little more (but not much) I thouroughly reccommend the Kef Q1s. You can pick them up for £203 from www.hispek.com. But you'll have to pick them up as they won't deliver them. These are £250 everywhere else but well worth it!!! check out Uncle Eric's thread, best speaker for 250 pounds.

Dave

3. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +111
    I use Mission M73's in my Home Cinema setup and they are magnetically shielded. Sound really nice too. Also check out Wharfedale 8.3's.

4. Mitch2000

Mitch2000
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The M73's are pretty good and they were top of my list until I listened to them and compared them with the Wharfedale 8.3's which sounded much better in comparison. I eventually bought the Wharfedale diamond cinema from www.qed-uk.com and can recommend their service.
    Would like to hear the Kef Q1's but you'll also need some stands as well and this might put you over budget.

5. Stinky985

Stinky985

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I have Acoustic Energy Aegis 2's for my fronts and are excellent for the money. As they have now been replaced you can pick up some bargains from pairs to home cinema packages. Excellent speakers and better now they are cheaper too!