1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Magnetically Shielded Floor Standing Speakers?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Joachim, Feb 1, 2002.

1. Joachim

Joachim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking to buy a pair of floor standing speakers as the fronts in a surround sound set-up. However due to the positioning of my TV (Sony KV36FS60) it is necessary for the speakers to be within 10cm either side of the screen. I would really like to buy the Tannoy Revolution R2's but they recommend a placement of at least 60cm from the TV. However, the Mission M70 range state they are all magnetically shielded, but is this just as a precaution or would it enable me to place them within such close proximity of my set??

Cheers Jo

2. MarkB

MarkB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
  3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The problem with having them 10cm from your 36inch, is that they'll only be roughly 44 inch apart, and you really need them to be more like 60 inch's or more so you get the full image.

4. Markster

Markster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Joachim

Like you i have the Sony36".
    I too had to find sheided speakers because mine also have had to stand right next to my set.

I emailed mission explaining how close mine had to be and they assured me there M range were ok for this.

I therefore bought the Misison M73 fronts.

They are superb.

HTH