Magnetic Shielding on Speakers

Dan666

Standard Member
Reaction score
After I set up my new JVC AV32R25 TV a couple of weeks ago, I noticed dark patches on the left hand side of the screen, and some more very feint patches on the right hand side. I put these down to the usual shadow mask/dirty screen problems that so many owners seem to suffer from.

Anyway, Ive recently changed my set up around a bit, and now that my Eltax floorstanders are about 2 inches further away from the sides of the TV than they used to be, the dark patches have cleared up - I now have a perfectly clean picture :)

So it just goes to show, it may say that the speakers are magnetically shielded... but how much?

Well I've got the dark patches on my AV32T25 but I dont have any external speakers near the screen?

Is there any chance that the tv's own speakers could be the cause of the dark patches??? - It seems odd that the dark patches tend to be on either side of the screen and not in the middle.
Hence the theory that it could be the internal speakers causing the effect.

Well its possible, but I think the TVs own speakers will (or at least should) be ok.

Im assuming my cheap Eltax speakers just dont have adequate shielding.

Of course, it could be that your particular problem is not a result of magnetic interference, but something else entirely.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom