1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Magnetic Sheilding

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by orangemirrors, Mar 19, 2003.

1. orangemirrors

orangemirrors

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :hiya: :hiya:

Hi all

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this but i'm sure someone on here will know.

1)

Is it only TV's that are affected by the mag field from speakers i ask this as i need to change the location of my front speakers MK S-125 if it makes a difference and i am not having any trouble with an old pace on dig box but i am with a tv. I have a bit of a complicated set up which is a bit tight for space with alot of equipment and before i start to drill new holes for shelves i wondered if anyone could help,

i.e DVD player, CDR, Videox4, Amp, Sky+, Sky, 2xITV dig Boxes, Sat Receiver, CD Player

Are any of the above less affected than others in peoples experiences it would save me an age as the only way for me to check is to unplug everything and check which is not practical.

2)

Is there anything that you can put between speakers and other equipment to combat this other than space.

Many thanks in advance for your help

Sid

2. orangemirrors

orangemirrors

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Me again

I have done a search and got some help with the second point so any advice on the first would be a great help.

Cheers

3. BK Electronics

BK Electronics
    Active Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Your television is the most suceptible to strong magnetic fields, if you get the speaker to close it will run the colours on the screen. The screen will need De Gausing then.

All other equipment, save a video recorder (Due to magnetic tape)will be ok.

Ah the second point, any thing a magnet will stick to, eg steel can be placed in the feild to reduce the effect