1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Magnat Motion Sub 200A

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by dcrypt, Apr 1, 2005.

1. dcrypt

dcrypt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everybody. This is my very first post in AVForums, hope won't be the last.

My problem is very simple (to explain) but very annoying. I own a cheap set of 5.1 speakers: 5.0 Eltax Universe and a Sub made by Magnat (Motion Sub 200A). As I have read everywhere, the sub should play the lowest frequencies, INAUDIBLE BUT FEELING FREQUENCIES. That's where my problem is: I really CAN hear the lowest frequencies, but not feel them, no matter how I setup my sub (only volume & cut-off). It's very annoying because I really end up feeling bad, sometimes with a terrible headache, after seeing a DVD. I don't have this problem in my brother's or my brother-in-law's house.

I'd like to know (in case you could help me):

1) Is the sub the problem because it's soooo cheap?
    2) Could it be broken?
    3) Maybe my integrated decoder/amplifier/tuner is not feeding the sub with a good signal?

I intend to borrow a sub from my family in order to do some tests. Until then (I dare it will be very hard to persuade anybody to lend me their subs), any help is welcome. Thank you very much.

2. dcrypt

dcrypt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I should add that my sub is wired via one RCA from the pre-out in my decoder/amplifier. I have tried using a Y-cable to connect both RCAs, but the only difference is that the volume is much higher with Y-cable and both RCAs.

BTW, why did the manufacturer put two RCAs if you should use only one? There are four additional banana plugs for bass redirecting when no separate sub pre-out present in the decoder.

3. dcrypt

dcrypt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nobody can help?

Ok, I will consider selling my sub and look for another not so cheap.

4. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    It's not a very common sub and I certainly haven't heard one so can't comment.