1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

magix software

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by den9112, Mar 12, 2004.

1. den9112

den9112

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +341
    after spending hours sorting capture then edit i came to save as avi and the screen just froze . iwent to technical support on web and had a system check , it told me to remove direct x 9 and upgrade my sound and graphics drivers i did 2 of the 3 but since i use adobe encore to burn dvd i could not remove direct x 9 i tried again and same problem i gave up with magix movies on 2.0cd"dvd and went back to ulead 7 imported file edited and rendered but gave me a problem on 99 %of finish i have never had a problem with ulead before or adobe encore very peed off with magix (fastrak}something seems to have infected my os (xp)i was hopeing or not wishing that someone out there may have had simalar problem , it is easy to say why go with magix when you have ulead and adobe prem pro /encore but i found the kids could use magix hope you understand my problem , no editing suite i have at the moment seems stable if no one else as had this problem i would seriously advice people to stay clear of fastrak software on editing . i also believe you will get same problem from edit pro 2004 (magix)thanks for any input on subject in advance . dennis

2. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you have Windows XP can you not just restore your computer to a point before you installed the Magix programme, or does that not work for you .?

3. den9112

den9112

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +341
    yes i can do that , but when i install adobe encore dvdit as direct x9 on it , i tried a custom install but could not find a way to install encore without dx9