Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

magix software

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by den9112, Mar 12, 2004.

1. den9112

den9112

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +365
    after spending hours sorting capture then edit i came to save as avi and the screen just froze . iwent to technical support on web and had a system check , it told me to remove direct x 9 and upgrade my sound and graphics drivers i did 2 of the 3 but since i use adobe encore to burn dvd i could not remove direct x 9 i tried again and same problem i gave up with magix movies on 2.0cd"dvd and went back to ulead 7 imported file edited and rendered but gave me a problem on 99 %of finish i have never had a problem with ulead before or adobe encore very peed off with magix (fastrak}something seems to have infected my os (xp)i was hopeing or not wishing that someone out there may have had simalar problem , it is easy to say why go with magix when you have ulead and adobe prem pro /encore but i found the kids could use magix hope you understand my problem , no editing suite i have at the moment seems stable if no one else as had this problem i would seriously advice people to stay clear of fastrak software on editing . i also believe you will get same problem from edit pro 2004 (magix)thanks for any input on subject in advance . dennis

2. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you have Windows XP can you not just restore your computer to a point before you installed the Magix programme, or does that not work for you .?

3. den9112

den9112

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +365
    yes i can do that , but when i install adobe encore dvdit as direct x9 on it , i tried a custom install but could not find a way to install encore without dx9