Magical Genies or Diamonds Forever?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by spflan, Jul 10, 2005.

1. spflan

spflan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all

I have been reading the forum to help me with decisions on my first proper AV set up (now on order!) but would really appreciate some advice on some 5.1 speaker packages I have shortlisted.

I am going for a sub/sat combo and have short-listed the Wharfedale Diamond 9 HCP and the Mordaunt-Short Genies.

Does anyone have a view as to how these setups compare in terms of performance? I think either packages would be good but what would be the relative strong/weak points in a head-to-head? I am not too worried about comparing looks/practicality as I think either would look good and fit well in my living room.

I am mainly interested in TV/movie performance but decent music performance would be a useful bonus.

The speakers are likely to be hooked up to a Denon 1905 av/receiver so any comments on whether that is a good match would also be welcome, or any other speaker packages around the 500-750 price mark that might also be worth auditioning?

Simon