Magic x-card & Sweet spot

L

LTJ

First thing. Thanks Dave Plugged inTV the new/replacement card arrived today,.......but before I install here's a funny thing :rotfl: . Last night I had to reinstall Dscaler from the Sweetspot CD rom. Whilst doing this I noticed there were drivers on there for the magic x-card. So my question is this are those drivers exactly the same as those that came with the magic x-card if not which drivers should one install. Now if it's the drivers taht are on the Swettspot software....then maybe the card I returned was working after all :suicide:
This question is open to all, more so Dave, really I guess.

Thankyou

Do members like smilies?

Not Totaly relevant but is sweetspot MCE2005 compatable?

Uours curiously

Adrian

Dave I set the card up via the "sweet spot " (that's all I had, I sent everything back to you, in return you just sent the card back to me, nothing else!) software. Now this time things have moved on a bit, whereas before I got "no hardware/drivers found" now I get "no media found". Is the magic x-card meant to be some kind of premature April the 1st gag?

It's now over three weeks since I purchased this thing, with many hours wasted trying to get it to work and trying to contact unpluggedtv. It's time to call in Barclay's.

Why the barclays threat? you have had two cards and neither work? are you sure it is the cards?

It wasn't a threat I just can't be doin with it anymore. I'll send the card back and they'll refund my money. This episode has left a bad taste in the mouth due to the simple fact that Unplugged have refused to enter any dialogue. Some one did call me yesterday but I was at work and they'd decided to blank their number.
You say mikeyavan are you sure it's not the the cards? Well if I could actually talk to someone at unpluggedtv I could have at least established that.
So what do you think I should do

I've now had two people trying to close ranks around unpluggedtv when I've critiscised them. If you so full of it maybe you can give me advice instead of blaming me because I've spent near £90 on something that clearly doesn't work and have had the cheek to complain.

so full of it? I dont understand, it just seemed odd and my question was not meant to cause offence.

Well I'm sorry too if I misinterpreted your post. I've had this card over four weeks now and it doesn't work. If I could have at least once had the opportunity to talk to someone at Pluggedin in what we humans xall dialoque, I'm certain this could have been resolved. After returning the which cost me me another £5 plus a lost lunch break at the post office I feel I'm now flogging a dead horse. I spent hours going through it with another forum member Rob who generously gave his time to no avail. So I do feel a bit touchy and when you said "Why Barclays?" it set me off.
The card still doesn't wprk and now shows "no media found" does anybody outhere know? Dave at plugged in at least respond I realise you did call me at home on friday so maybe monday I'd call you if the cost of the call was an issue.

Lawrence
Concerned that you're still having probs with the cards,if you fancy one last attempt give us a call
Could send you my Xcard which works and see what results you get or you send the dodgy one to me to test on my motherboard,which is probably the best solution.
Waddya reckon ???
Rob

Hi Lawrence

I have just stumbled across this thread. Please remember that if you want to contact us then email directly to us is much better than via a thread on here. We havent refused to enter a dialogue at all - we have sent emails to you which unfortunately (as already stated) have not arrived with you. We havent heard from you since the replacement was sent so assumed all was well. As milkeyavman suggested, it could be something in your environment, but as I am sure you can appreciate it just isnt practical for us or for you to try and resolve this type of issue over the phone (due to the fact that there an infinite combination of HTPC setups)

We can appreciate that it can be frustrating if you have an HTPC issue that is difficult to resolve, but venting your frustration at Barclays and/or us doesnt really help - they will tell you to contact us for a refund, we have already offered you that refund!

Hopefully you can see that we have tried to do everything we can to get this working for you - please send me an email confirming how you want to proceed and we will make sure that we get you sorted out.

regards

Dave I have so far in this whole sorry episode had one email from you that was titled test by you and I returned it. I don't want to have to communicate in this way but I've now sent you 4/5 emails and so far have only recieved one from you which I've already mentioned. You did call me on Friday last and was given my office number to call; you left no number not even on 1471. I really don't appreciate to having to resort to desperate measures to get your attention. The card arrived last Saturday but just the card every thing else I'd returned to you never came back to me.So the remote various leads and software you still have. I can only get the player to work if I start another player first and then close that down, and not all the functions work.
You have had plenty of opportunity to reach by phone, email and even post. This is the worst customer support I've ever experienced and will be returning the card (that's all, you have the rest) tomorrow/thursday.and expect a full refund. All in all it's been a frustrating experience which I will not go through again, with your company. It's a shame because the sweet spot card has been fantastic, and during the early day's of ownership you had the decency to personally call me to find out how I was getting on with it. I don't know your particular situation, all of this was in your hands. All I wanted was some contact and advice on your product; it's called Customer Service.
At the end of it all I've wasted several hours and £10.00 on P&P. I now wish to draw a line under this whole affair.
Thankyou

Hi Lawrence

I am sorry you feel the way you do - there is / was a reason about the accessories but it is all academic now!

i can assure you that we do take customer service seriously and in this case for whatever reason it has not worked out - despite us offering at every stage to provide you with whatever you wanted.

anyway we will sort the refund out for you as requested, and wish you all the best with your system!

regards

sapper said:
Not Totaly relevant but is sweetspot MCE2005 compatable?
I see David didn't answer this .. no it isn't, at least that's what I've read recently.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom