Magic Trackpad Warranty?

MC77

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Bought a magic trackpad off someone on here a while back and don't really use it often, but I just had a look at it and it seems to have developed a crack or split in the top left hand corner (Underneath the battery compartment) reckon this will be covered by warranty? I've certainly never dropped it. Only thing is the nearest Apple store is ages away and I can't find a serial number on the trackpad to check it online. Any ideas?

Yeah actually, and the serial number is not recognised which is odd. Looks like I gots to go to a store.

My trackpad had stopped clicking (common fault) and they didnt even check the serial. They simply picked a new one off the self and handed it too me.

Got to love that apple service :)

Spot on cheers, I might pop down to Bluewater tomorrow and see what they say, I've spent enough in there over the past 18 months so they should help me out :)

Went in and was completely honest with them, however they said because I didn't have proof of purchase they would only be able to warranty as a peripheral to a recently purchased Mac, luckily I have one, unluckily though they had no genius warranty appointments until about 4 hours after and I didn't know the serial number to my Mac. Looks like I'm going back soon then :-(
Mind you, they could just of told me to go away so it's not all bad. Just a shame I'm an hour away. And I spent some more money in there today, and I know for a fact I will again when I go back.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom