Magic Trackpad 1 any good?

Jamie

Distinguished Member
Solutions
Reaction score
I've recently bought an intel 5k 27" iMac which came with a Magic Mouse 2, the mouse is OK, I quite like the capacitive scrolling but miss being able to pich zoom like I can on my MBP trackpad. In fact the MBP trackpad is good enough that I preferred it over a mouse TBH.

This got me thinking, I can't justify the price of even a second hand trackpad 2 but the original trackpad seems more affordable but is it any good, is it as good as the MBP trackpad for example?

I've recently bought an intel 5k 27" iMac which came with a Magic Mouse 2, the mouse is OK, I quite like the capacitive scrolling but miss being able to pich zoom like I can on my MBP trackpad. In fact the MBP trackpad is good enough that I preferred it over a mouse TBH.

This got me thinking, I can't justify the price of even a second hand trackpad 2 but the original trackpad seems more affordable but is it any good, is it as good as the MBP trackpad for example?
Hi

I use 1st gen trackpad with my Mac Mini/Magic Keyboard 2 alongside a Magic Mouse 2 is a nice compliment.

You can pinch and zoom on a Magic Mouse but it’s a little hit and miss, so look out for a Trackpad, I paid £25.00 I think on these forums, think of as a MBP trackpad on steroids

That sounds encouraging. I do like the TP on my MBP. Now I just need to find one :)

That sounds encouraging. I do like the TP on my MBP. Now I just need to find one :)
Create a wanted ad on the forums, that’s how I bagged mine

Well I found one for a decent price and I've been using it the last few days and it's everything I hoped it would be. I probably shouldn't try the V2 as its supposedly better still but for the money I'm delighted with the purchase.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom