• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

magic remote

Harrym1byt

Established Member
You can talk to the remote (TV) and scroll through the listings, it also acts as a mouse pointer for selecting items as you point the remote up/down, left/right. Worth having, but it does not handle the play/pause/FF/FR as well as the standard remote. You have to use the mouse pointer, point and click with the magic remote, rather than having dedicated buttons.

conrail

Standard Member
thank you Harrym1byt will have to consider this, apart from talking to the remote it seems stansard remote does the same things

bobbymax

Prominent Member
took me a while to get used to my magic remote, but now I am, I like it.
Although I have to use two remotes as I have Freesat, and not sure if the magic one will work Freesat?

modeus

Standard Member
it does not handle the play/pause/FF/FR as well as the standard remote. You have to use the mouse pointer, point and click with the magic remote, rather than having dedicated buttons.
I didn't realise this, thanks for mentioning it. I find the standard remote really tedious for typing text in. But I also use the play/pause buttons a lot. Can I speak those functions into the magic remote?

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom