Magic Remote Virgin V6

hagie82

Novice Member
Hello
I have a LG CX55. I have been through the Universal remote setup, but when it gets to Step 4 (test) it jumps to complete and doesn’t let me check any buttons. Once complete, the channel up and down buttons don’t control the v6.
I found a comment in the forums which said search for Ziggo instead of auto selecting Virgin Scotland, and whilst I could access the test page, I was still unable to find a setting that would change channel on the v6.
Anyone found a solution to this?

thanks

Winchesterclub

Its worth trying the Ziggo page a few times it took me 4 attempts before the remote worked ...keep trying until the small picture changes channel

hagie82

Novice Member
Yeah I’ve tried loads of times but still can’t get it to work. Was leaving it 10 seconds before confirming No but still not changing channel.

Do I need to check any settings on the v6 box?

thanks

Winchesterclub

Hi hagie
Are you trying to change channel with the remote ?, ie the up and down buttons , the TV wont change on its own

Cheers

hagie82

Novice Member
Yeah change the channels on the virgin v6 box using the magic remote. Yep by pressing channel up on the remote during the test.

Gerard4156

Novice Member
Just in case you haven't figured it out - I had exactly the same problem. The solution was instead of letting it automatically select the STB/location, choosing other and typing in "Virgin". It chooses the same option in the end, but it doesn't skip on and lets you test the channel buttons until you find the right one.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom