Magic Numbers - Barrowlands 05/10/2005

Cowden_harley

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Right just wanted to start a thread to let everyone know if they weren't there that it was ace.

It's been a long time since ive seen the barrowlands be bouncing right back to the press area.

All the crowd pleasers were played and the band really seemed to dig the place.

Also they played and accoustic version of crazy in love by beyonce, which was first heard on joe whiley show on radio1. Sounded amazing

Top Gig!!!!!

They're playing Norwich a week on Sunday. Am really looking forward to it.

They were originally down to play a fairly small venue, but when the tickets sold out in record time, they had to move to a venue twice the size :thumbsup:

I hope the atmosphere is a good as last time I saw them (at T), and that was one of the best gig's I've been to.

From what you're saying it should be good - Looking forward to hearing Crazy in Love!!

i was at t in the park also. Barrowlands gig was supposed to be a smaller venue as well. At points i felt it was too big for their sound but it was still ace. If they were to go on a stage at say t in the park though it would kill them.

I'd agree with that. They seem to work better on the smaller stages. I watched the V coverage, and despite half the audience obviously being chavs, the band just didn't look interested, and it seemed to lack something.

Luckily the venue they're now playing in Norwich is still probably considered small (probably not far off the size of the X tent at T).

It certainly wouldn't have been the same at T if they'd played the main stage, although it would have been great publicity.

P.S. To anyone who doesn't own the album - buy it now, its' ace!!

^^^ Couldnt agree more buy it, they deserve to be heard.

enjoy the gig higenbs - let us know how you got on. My next review will be Foo Fighters in Dec

It's actually this coming Sunday. Will let you know. Really looking forward to it. What's great is there are a couple of my mates going who couldn't get into the tent at T in the Park, and me and my mate have been going on about the performance ever since. Can't wait to see their reaction!

higenbs1 said:
I'd agree with that. They seem to work better on the smaller stages. I watched the V coverage, and despite half the audience obviously being chavs, the band just didn't look interested, and it seemed to lack something. QUOTE]

Thats Chelmsford for you, The Staffs show was just amazing I couldn't believe they where still being forced to play on the other stage. I have never seen so many people in front of that stage, well until Kaiser Chiefs played there set later on.

They where excellent, have been watching the progress of this band since I first saw them late last year supporting Athlete.

Regards

Gary

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom