Magic Keyboard vs Logitech Folio Touch (vs Pencil)

VAMOS DAN

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all, looking for some advice as I'm really confused as to what to go with,

Just purchased an Apple Air 64gb (4th Gen)

Initially I have bought the pen, but I'm starting to find I don't use it much (I feel like I'm more using it for the sake of it) i cant draw to save my life so loses its effectiveness there.

If it take back then Pencil it opens up the money to be spent on the Magic Keyboard, or do i go with the Logitech Folio touch and save even more money?

Both have pro's and con's.

Mainly i would say I use the iPad for work and viewing media (hence I just feel I won't utilise the pencil for what its worth)

I can see me using the keyboard whilst in bed (is the kickstand really not that great for this? as well as lap use) and is the Magic keyboard way better for this purpose?

Viewing, media wise, i take it on the Magic keyboard you need to have the keypad laid out in front like a laptop if you want to use it ''as a stand'' as such? whereas the Logitech folio folds under and sits as a neat stand like a normal case for viewing which is good. i.e. if I had it on a bedside cabinet then with the magic keyboard the keypad has to be laid out fully in sight?

Really confused where best to spend my funds and looking for peoples advice taking in all of the above?

Help me decide! ha

Same reason I went with a Brydge Pro keyboard for my ipad pro 12.9 3rd gen, rather than the apple magic. I also have a pencil which I do not use and use for the sake of rather than necessity.

The touch keyboards defeat the purpose of a table, the same way my dell 9570 touch screen defeats the purpose of a laptop and I have never used it as such. The touch will never be quicker than simply touching the screen to to use and are probbaly only useful (efficient) for changing apps quickly or scrolling.

I mainly use my ipad for media, therefore the Brydge keyboard is perfect for me as it can be used to hold the ipad at different angles whilst in bed. I probably won't even user the keyboard much.

Stick with the cheaper option as the touch pad functionality is crippled anyway due to the table operating system, and is likely to remain crippled as otherwise, it would eat into apple macbook air/pro line.

Meanwhile my pencil is going for sale.

Hi, I lost my pencil over xmas and use it for taking meeting notes mostly so looking for another one, just wondering if yours is for sale ?

Hi, I lost my pencil over xmas and use it for taking meeting notes mostly so looking for another one, just wondering if yours is for sale ?
Unfortunately I sold it to CEX. Should have messaged me privately and I would have started a thread.

I've used both and i prefer the Logitech - it has the function key row, it's sturdier, and obviously cheaper. Why not buy both from Amazon, try them out and then return whichever one you don't like?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom