1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Magic Eye Problems

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by GJD, Jan 2, 2003.

1. GJD

GJD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Since changing my main TV recently the TV Link Magic Eye to the old set upstairs is working intermittently or not at all. The nice people at TV Link sent me a replacement which I managed to get working but I tried it today and I can no longer change Sky channel upstairs. Anyone have any ideas on the problem. I've followed all the troubleshooting tips TV link gave me to no avail. Strange that it worked OK then gave up the ghost..

I've read on these forums that you can change the rf frequency in the setup menu (as well as turning rf2 on and off). Is this something I should try playing around with?

Greg

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    You can certainly change the RF frequency output of the digibox but that shouldn't effect how the TVlink carries the remote signal to the digibox.
    Since it worked first time then you must have it connected to RF2 and the power is on but it's worth checking, software bugs can do many things:)
    Check the batteries in the second remote as well, do not know if the battery warning works via a TVlink.

If everything else is fine then it sounds like the tv link is damaged.

3. GJD

GJD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks for that. Seems to work intermittently after checking all the connections and resetting so I think it must be either a loose connection or interference from somewhere..

Greg

4. Luke Emmott

Luke Emmott
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You could have a cable problem, check for any kinks and harsh bends.
    Does it just go to the one tv set or is it sent through a distribution unit and sent to more than one sets??? If so these can also cause a problem!
    Try going into the installers menu and turning rf out 2 on and off a few time as this can sometimes help. You can do this by going to services, then system set up, then press 0 then 1 then select on the Sky remote.
    Failing all this you culd have a problem with the box.

Luke

5. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    According to satcure.com the TV Link is not the most reliable version (they recommend the Digilink) and you should never plug it directly into the TV aerial socket as the strain can damage it internally or even damage your TV tuner. Also, as it requires a DC supply, you must make sure that all plugs and connectors are soldered or crimped. They also say that only proper double-shielded coaxial cable should be used, otherwise external interference can prevent the signals from getting through.

Fman