• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Magic Eye problem

ande-s

Standard Member
Hi,

I have a standard sky box set up that feeds two TV's. One via the RF out connection which is located in another room.

I have just recently bought a new TV (Sony KDL-26S3000) and connected it to the Sky box via the RF output.

Previously this worked fine with my magic eye and i was able to control the sky box.

However, since installing the new TV, i cannot access the sky features (SKY Guide etc) via the Sony TV.

I have checked the setings on my Sky box, and the RF output is enabled correctly. Also, i have tried numerous codes for the remote control, both supplied from sky and from the net.

The Sky tv will control the Sony TV's functions (Sound, Channel) but will not control my sky channel, even when i press the SKY button on the remote.

The magic eye works fine on my old CRT tv, and flashes correctly when a button on the sky remote os pressed.

Having searched the net people suggest that it is due to interfearance from the LCD tv and to move the magic eye away from the TV, however, this does not work either?

Does anyone have any ideas as to the cause of the problem?

Thanks.

Platelet

Prominent Member
Hi,
Having searched the net people suggest that it is due to interfearance from the LCD tv and to move the magic eye away from the TV, however, this does not work either?

Does anyone have any ideas as to the cause of the problem?

Thanks.

It's not so much the actual IR receiver bit as the TV link box itself. Try inserting a fly lead (pinch one from your vcr or some such) between the output of the tv link and the tv set, so that you've added say a meter of additional cable. Then just chuck it down the back of the tv and position the IR receiver as you like. This worked for me anyway

ande-s

Standard Member
I tried this last night with approx 1.5 meters of extra cable in between the TV and the magic eye.

Initially it worked, however, the next time I came to use the TV the sky didn't work correctly.

Do i just need some more cable, or should I try something else?

ande-s

Standard Member
Having read another forum, there was a suggestion that i should put a signal booster between the ariel point in the room, and the magic eye to boost the signal to the magic eye.

Is this likely to work?

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom