Magic Eye Problem

Gazza316

Standard Member
Reaction score
Morning all,

I have my bedroom tv connected via coax and rf socket to my hd box downstairs. i have the magic eye connected striaght into the back of my bedroom tv. i can watch what chanel is selected downstairs and the red light on the magic eye plug in is on but the remote control does nothing?!

what do ppl think i need to change? i assume the power for the rf socket must be on to get the light on and the picture quality is fine so it doesn't look like its a dodgey link to the skybox.

any help much appreciated

Gazza

Morning all,

I have my bedroom tv connected via coax and rf socket to my hd box downstairs. i have the magic eye connected striaght into the back of my bedroom tv. i can watch what chanel is selected downstairs and the red light on the magic eye plug in is on but the remote control does nothing?!

what do ppl think i need to change? i assume the power for the rf socket must be on to get the light on and the picture quality is fine so it doesn't look like its a dodgey link to the skybox.

any help much appreciated

Gazza

It sounds as if you have done everything right. I would have to guess that the eye is faulty (provided of course that the remote you are using does control the sky box when you stand in front of it :D)

Cheers for those.

Yeah the remote defo works it, i have just moved house and it all worked fine at my last place (same hd box, controls, magic eye - the tv in my room is new though could that affect anything?)

Cheers for those.

Yeah the remote defo works it, i have just moved house and it all worked fine at my last place (same hd box, controls, magic eye - the tv in my room is new though could that affect anything?)

Very unikely, have you any low energy or flourescent lamps on in the room these can emit IR. ?. Try the eye directly connected to the sky box rf2 out and cover the sky box IR receiver to check the eye is functioning

Very unikely, have you any low energy or flourescent lamps on in the room these can emit IR. ?. Try the eye directly connected to the sky box rf2 out and cover the sky box IR receiver to check the eye is functioning

I dont think i have anything different in my room to what i had before. I have plugged the eye into the back of the sky box and that worked. i cant understand how there is obviously a connection as i'm able to watch sky in my room and the power is on coz the light on the eye is on but it isn't working :(

I dont think i have anything different in my room to what i had before. I have plugged the eye into the back of the sky box and that worked. i cant understand how there is obviously a connection as i'm able to watch sky in my room and the power is on coz the light on the eye is on but it isn't working :(

Very strange, all I can think of that you have a bad connection that's passing enough current to power the led but not enough to power the electronics. If you have a voltmeter read the coax standing voltage with the magic eye connected, it should be around 9V

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom