Quantcast

Magic Eye not working, but picture is perfect

BakedBeans

Novice Member
Hi, all. Just need some advise with Sky+ HD (brand new box). I have turned on the 9v power to RFout.

I have an aerial distribution with one of these boosters with digital bypass:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SLx-Gold-Amplifier-Digital-Connectors/dp/B001CQTOZS/ref=sr_1_6?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1324743557&sr=1-6

The connection from the lounge goes to the digital in on the booster, the remaining outputs go to all other bedrooms/kitchen etc. I have tuned other TV's into the sky, and the picture is brilliant (I am very impressed with this) so you can now watch sky in all rooms (well what's on the TV in the lounge).

But the magic eye does not light up. I bought this one:

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

If you plug this into the back of the sky box, the led lights fine (and works). But if you put it in another room the led doesn't light (and does not work). All connections are fine, and I have disconnected everything rebooted etc.

Do you think the issue is I've bought a cheap magic eye off ebay? Shouldn't it work as the picture is perfect? Where do I buy a better one from?

Thanks

BakedBeans

Novice Member
Thank you. I did try searching, but couldn't find that. I'll buy one of those VisionLinks that seem to be the best to see how that goes.

The 9v definitely gets to the booster, it turns the led on the booster on when it is unplugged from the mains.

Top Bottom