1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Magic Box

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Mr Eddy, Jun 20, 2005.

1. Mr Eddy

Mr Eddy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Is there such a thing as an HDMI - Component out box, convertor or spell?

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    sort of its called an illegal HDCP stripper and a scaler

3. Mr Eddy

Mr Eddy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    As soon as I see the word scaler me thinks lots of cash.....

4. jedimaster1971

jedimaster1971
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    from a different yet similar disscusion elsewhere

******.co.uk/forum/index.php?t=msg&rid=0&SQ=0&th=12076&goto=134993#msg_134993
    I think its only a matter of time before something like this becomes widely ( yet illegally) available and the non compliant plamsa owners will have a field day and the producer of siad item will make a tidy sum I reckon........

Its not the HDCP removal which would be the selleing piont it would be the HD to SD conversion feature as why remove HDCP and make HD copy-able in SD format, when SD format is copy-able at present ...... therefore HD is still technically un copyable..... just my beleifs ( prepares oneself to be shot down in flames)

jedi

5. kenji-san

kenji-san

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    (flaming jedimaster1971 over a barbeque grill in a steady rotation, while nonchantly whistling 'raindrops keep falling on my head') :zonked:

on the real though, since i'm one of the plasma owners sony/toshiba/hollywood 'forgot' about who don't have hdmi input, but with component instead, this sort of device will probably be essential for my future hd viewing. I won't really bother about the copy protection removal it will maybe cause, i just want to view hdtv goodness!!!

6. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    there is no need to down scale from HD, remove HDCP and feed a good scaler DVI-D (hdmi) and ask it for an HD component or RGBHV output and there you have analogue HD compatible with the pannys which wont accept the digital feed the HDCP stripper is only need to allow the scaler to do the conversion, if HDCP is applied to source the scaler will shut down analogue outputs, and scaler manufacturers are much higher profile than black boxes from "taiwan" etc but just like DVD hacks are leaked by manufacturers unofficially there may be HDCP hacks "leaking" as HDCP starts to make a bigger impact