MadVR on PC as a Video Processor

andypandy

ok, so i am a bit confused with a few things. lets clear no1 first.
2 of you mention i am using an old version of the algortithm/hdr config being the old version.
Not sure what you all exactly mean and hope i got it right. I googled madVRhdrMeasure78.zip - donwloaded, extrtacted and overwrote the originals in the madvr folder. I presume what i did was right ?
do i have to make any config changes now that i have replaced the exe's?

fallinlight

ok, so i am a bit confused with a few things. lets clear no1 first.
2 of you mention i am using an old version of the algortithm/hdr config being the old version.
Not sure what you all exactly mean and hope i got it right. I googled madVRhdrMeasure78.zip - donwloaded, extrtacted and overwrote the originals in the madvr folder. I presume what i did was right ?
do i have to make any config changes now that i have replaced the exe's?
The one you downloaded is simply the one I chose to use for the time being. I believe you will have to adjust your settings again because I think they are overwritten after copying over the new files, for madVRhdrMeasure78, at least. As matt said above, you can keep track of updates on AVS.

andypandy

I did not have to re-do any settings, but I now see what you mean about the new HDR settings. I downloaded and applied the 110 version and Blimey! That's taken the configuration setup to a whole new level , where does one begin . Are all those default settings based on anything? do not have the foggiest what to do in this menu hdr group.
screen10.jpg
screen10.jpg

Thatsnotmynaim

I think from what I've read, the thing with the new GUI is you can tick to enable HSTM and then pick a strength line you want to use. Quite a bit of discussion and a poll as to what people prefer in the boxes next to it, and many uploading their settings with a poll currently prefering Manni's settings.

andypandy

ah OK, but is the whole discussion and tweaking based on OLED screens as I would have thought it would be a completely different setup when it comes to a projector.

Thatsnotmynaim

Don't think so, I think the target nits things takes care of that... Not sure to be honest as am loving the results as is so haven't got into the HSTM ting yet, although may have a play tonight / over the weekend..

Thatsnotmynaim

I think the target nits are different but the curve still works. Just tried it on my PC with Manni’s curve and strength set to 50 both on my OLED (700 nits target) and my PJ (100 nits target) and both look good..

mattkhan

Distinguished Member
My testing has led me to use the L80 config too

It also highlighted (no pun intended!) how important highlights recovery is. It costs enough to need a GPU upgrade though :facepalm:

Thatsnotmynaim

Their warehouse stuff is usually stuff that’s returned in the 30 day window. Sometimes boxes are a bit bashed, other time kit looks brand new, they have an unquestioned returns policy so anyone can return stuff within 30 days like most online places but Amazon make it really easy. They also extend that to warehouse stuff so if it turns up and after looking at it you’re not sure you just return it for a full refund.. My 1070ti cane from them that way and has full normal warranty also...

mattkhan

Distinguished Member
certainly wins on performance per pound

unfortunately I think a 1070 won't cut the mustard as the cost of the higher end options is a large step so you have to make a big jump up the GPU scale to deal with it. Highlights recovery + being able to turn off the luminance trade quality option = your wallet will feel it :)

Thatsnotmynaim

Won’t a 1070 be as fast if not slightly faster than a 2060s? I’m. Or sure and am. I expert, but I don’t think MadVR can use any of the newer RTX features, so your looking at cores and clock speeds in reality. Any benchmarks for games that can use the additional rtx aren’t necessarily the same for MadVR.

mattkhan

Distinguished Member
Gaming benchmarks have the 2060 super as marginally slower than a 2070 and a bit faster than a 1080, the 2070 meanwhile is 30% faster than a 1070. Reports suggest a 1080 can deal with all the options so I think a 2060 super is a reasonable bet for now.

The envy uses the tensor cores so it seems reasonable to think this will be a useful feature for the future.

fallinlight

Good evening @Thatsnotmynaim, do you have a link to Manni's settings for madMeasureHDR ver. 110?I am going to try 110 out now.

I cannot find a download link, can someone please share it? Thank you

Last edited:

fallinlight

It is OK, I just found ver. 110.

Trending threads

Top Bottom