Madvr and lumagen combined?

sim12

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Is this possible or just pointless?
So my train of thought was this, I only have a lumagen3d mini, so the 3dlut capabilities are a little limited, where as madvr can achieve a greater sized 3dlut.
Then obviously the lumagen has the 21 point grey/gamma scale control, and all the other perks that come with a lumagen.

So my question is this is not possible to combine madvr and the lumagen to work together and get the best from both or would they just conflict with one another ?

What are "all the perks" you can do with a lumagen (that you can't do with madvr)? If the answer is nothing then no need to worry about it.

What are "all the perks" you can do with a lumagen (that you can't do with madvr)? If the answer is nothing then no need to worry about it.

Not the most helpful remark.lol, I was hoping for maybe something a little more constructive ...

I guess the point @mattkhan was probably making is which perks is it that you think are valuable?

I'm saying this as a Lumagen Pro owner, which I really like, but I don't use a PC as a source, all my devices are HDMI output consumer devices, so MadVR isn't an option.

I'm sure if your ONLY source is PC content you can do it all in MadVR. You can adjust gamma etc using many more than 21pts within the 3DLUT that you could activate etc. So really, if that is the feature you think is useful I think you've probably not exhausted looking at what you could do in MadVR. Are there any other Lumagen features that you particularly want to replicate?

The only situation I can think of where it might be helpful to use the Radiance alongside MadVR would be if you were also using non-PC sources in your system. But I think what I'd most likely do there is have MadVR feeding the display directly, and then route other sources via the Lumagen on a separate input to the display. I don't think I'd stack an ancient Lumagen infront of a fully configured HTPC running MadVR to the best of its abilities.

@jfinnie has understood what I meant.

Point is these are just tools you can use so you have to be able to say what you want to achieve in order for anyone to say whether you need to combine them or not. This means you need to provide more information if you want more specific help.

I’m thinking about repurposing my old HTPC with a new Gpu to take advantage of the new tone mapping in Mad Vr.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom