Madness of King George

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Confucius, May 9, 2001.

1. Confucius

Confucius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +132
    Brilliant film, but do not order this from Play247!

No problems with their service, as usual, but the version they are shipping (well, it's the one I got) is the now out of print Canadian release. Nothing wrong with that per se, but it's Pan & Scam only :( !

Got it this morning and popped it in my player to discover this, rang Play who are happy to take it back.

Make sure that you get the American MGM version due out on June 5th: Anamorphic W/S :).

(or I 'spose the R2 version, though I've not seen any tech specs on that, dunno if it's w/s)

[ 09-05-2001: Message edited by: Confucius ]

2. RMCF

RMCF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +775
    Have not seen this film, but have read a lot about it - apparently Nigel Hawthorne was cheated out of the Oscar that year - he is meant to be fantastic in it. Must rent it out.

3. spenceruk

spenceruk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the region 2 version which states "16.9 Anamorphic" on the box. Haven't watched it all yet but a brief look seems to confirm proper 16.9 framing and a good looking picture! As a "Film Four" production it is probably the "PalPlus" version which was Channel 4's way of presenting widescreen pictures (shame that didn't take off really!). And yes, it is a superb film!!!