Madnat VGA cat5 balun issue

markyb0y

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've purchased two Madnat 3VV passive VGA cat5 baluns to connect my PC or laptop to a wall mounted LCD TV.

I saw a couple of threads on here saying that the Madnat product was good quality, and that it had worked perfectly, however mine is not going well so far, and I've been unable to get a hold of anyone on the phone since paying for them...

Basically I'm very intermittently getting a low quality image with a blue ghosting over the whole image, but the majority of the time I get no picture at all, only a "no signal" message on the TV.
The blue ghosting made me think there could be an issue with varying lengths of pairs within the cable, however no image at all points to a balun fault, no?

I've tried this with a 0.5M, 5M, 10M and 20M UTP and STP cable, all with the same results. I've also tested with my PC and laptop in case there was an issue with lack of common grounding.

I thought about the active balun, however the passive is stated to work up to 50M, so the distances tested are well within that limit.

Any ideas? I'm thinking there could be a fault with one or both of the baluns, given that 8 different cables have the same result...

Thanks in advance for any suggestions :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom