made up aerial cables

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by john R1, Apr 9, 2004.

1. john R1

john R1
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anybody know where i can get some decent 5 mt long made up aerial leads with moulded plugs already fitted, am looking for something a bit better than the 50p a mt ones

2. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,806
    The replied to this thread all involved people from commercial organisations trying to sell this guy a cable. Frankly I'm astonished that this would happen in such a blatant way and if people asking for advice get pounced on by people trying to sell goods again there will be bans.

3. Stevey

Stevey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am not from a commercial organisation, I just have some 100 meters or so cable left over from my 250 meter drum. The guy wanted to have a cable and I offered him to make up one. It wasn't me who directed him to a site that a cheap poor quality cable.

4. cybersoga

cybersoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I don't sell cable, I don't work in the industry, all I offer is my opinion, take it or leave it. I don't know Stevey and I wasn't trying to push his cable (I don't even use the same cable, and when I mean use I mean use myself not sell), I was merely saying in my opinion what makes a good aerial cable. I think the QED ones are probably the best already "made up" aerial cables your going to find http://www.qed.co.uk/cables/av/qunex_br.html but personally I would make my own.

5. pemberto

pemberto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    John,

I use van den hul Videolink 75 with Insert Audio F-types for all my RF connections on Sky and my DAB tuner. The cable worked out to be around £12 for a metre and £6.00 for each termination.
    The company that I used is called custom cable, http://www.custom-cable.co.uk/ very good service and very quick.

Hope that helps, also try doing a search for RF cables on these forums as this subject has been discussed in the past.

Hope that helps.

6. Stevey

Stevey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Who wants to pay £72 for that lead, we have done a deal @ £8 that Is much better quality than that.