Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

made up aerial cables

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by john R1, Apr 9, 2004.

1. john R1

john R1
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anybody know where i can get some decent 5 mt long made up aerial leads with moulded plugs already fitted, am looking for something a bit better than the 50p a mt ones

2. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,392
    The replied to this thread all involved people from commercial organisations trying to sell this guy a cable. Frankly I'm astonished that this would happen in such a blatant way and if people asking for advice get pounced on by people trying to sell goods again there will be bans.

3. Stevey

Stevey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am not from a commercial organisation, I just have some 100 meters or so cable left over from my 250 meter drum. The guy wanted to have a cable and I offered him to make up one. It wasn't me who directed him to a site that a cheap poor quality cable.

4. cybersoga

cybersoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I don't sell cable, I don't work in the industry, all I offer is my opinion, take it or leave it. I don't know Stevey and I wasn't trying to push his cable (I don't even use the same cable, and when I mean use I mean use myself not sell), I was merely saying in my opinion what makes a good aerial cable. I think the QED ones are probably the best already "made up" aerial cables your going to find http://www.qed.co.uk/cables/av/qunex_br.html but personally I would make my own.

5. pemberto

pemberto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    John,

I use van den hul Videolink 75 with Insert Audio F-types for all my RF connections on Sky and my DAB tuner. The cable worked out to be around £12 for a metre and £6.00 for each termination.
    The company that I used is called custom cable, http://www.custom-cable.co.uk/ very good service and very quick.

Hope that helps, also try doing a search for RF cables on these forums as this subject has been discussed in the past.

Hope that helps.

6. Stevey

Stevey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Who wants to pay £72 for that lead, we have done a deal @ £8 that Is much better quality than that.