Made In C H I N A !!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by laurie, Dec 29, 2001.

1. laurie

laurie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well went to pack my Denon 2800 box away in the cupboard and noticed on the box where it was made....C H I N A

would it be funny indeed if it was made in the same factory as the Skyworth dvd player...interesting to know if the Denon AV3802 is also made in china! is anything made in Japan any more!!
    cheers Laurie

2. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Most companies do not necessarily manufacture in the country of their 'HQ', e.g. Yamaha amps are partially made in Japan but some tape decks in Malaysia.
    Guess the same applies to all the other brands, even e.g. Arcam manufactures some equipment (AVR-xxx) outside of the UK while Acoustic Energy speakers (AE109) are designed/engineered in the UK, made in Malaysia and then imported to the UK for sale.
    Keep in mind that some equipment are actually OEM products, i.e. old Denon DVD players were based on Panasonic technology etc.

Manufacturing cost would IMHO be the reason for that and as long as the quality control is ensured I don't think it would be a problem.

3. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I seem to recall that some of the speakers from that great Scottish company Tannoy were actually made in Hungary but I think that they have also moved production to the Far East in the interests of keeping production costs down.

4. laurie

laurie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    strange though most of the hackable pal progressive players are from China!!
    Skyworth,Malatra,philips Q50,denon 2800.

so are those famous de-interlace chips the real ones!! which could explain problems these players all had from day 1!! ala Intel v AMD ect

cheers laurie

5. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11,473
    my sony 930 amp and 725 dvd player are made in Japan, and all my speakers Spendor and B&W are made in Britain...in the case of the Spendors, made by the same person from start to finish..!!