1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Made an interesting discovery about Wharfedale 750s

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Mr Cheese, Feb 27, 2003.

1. Mr Cheese

Mr Cheese

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    In the specs of the Wharfedale 750S it states that the SCART outputs RGB and Composite only, and S-video via the 4 pin Mini-DIN. I discovered that if you put an s-video lead in the s-video socket and turn the 'RGB out' off, on the SCART output, the SCART outputs s-video. Very handy if you require 2 s-video outputs from the player without the need for a splitter.

I must point out, however, that the manual states that if you are using the SCART socket , then you should NOT connect anything to either the s-video or composite phono socket. It quotes 'As there will be no output from the scart socket and you may damage the player.' All it seems to do though, is to change the output of the SCART to s-video only.

If the player blows up....I'll let you know......!!!

Mr Cheese

2. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Have your tried not connecting the S-Video out and switching RGB off? Does it still output a S-Video signal via SCART then?

3. Mr Cheese

Mr Cheese

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    In the on-screen menu the selection is just RGB Scart on/off. There is no mention of S-video. I'm not with the machine right now but I'm pretty sure when I was experimenting yesterday, the s-video through the scart, only appeared after plugging in the mini s-video plug.
    I do remember, however there is a terrible composite output through the scart when configured like this (colour-loss as if the output is s-video only).
    My only conclusion, given the statement (regarding not using the scart and other outputs) in the manual, is that the player can only output RGB/Composite OR composite OR S-video only at anyone time.

I shall have a look later...

Mr Cheese