1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

madcow scart/component/optical/box

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by sparkymarky, Nov 15, 2004.

1. sparkymarky

sparkymarky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Bought one of these off ebay as istates that it will output rgb from the scart socket.

I have tried it and it doesn't. The seller sent me another but again this won't output rgb and the pic difference rgb and normal is quite significant on a 44" screen.

I have connected the xbox to the tv using just a scart lead and get rgb no probs. Hence puuting this box in loses the rgb signal.

Anytone had a similar prob with this box??

anyone know how to overcome it? (i nedd it as my TV is far away from the the xbox and need to connect my 5m ixos scart to it-n.b the ixos cable works fine in rgb mode for every other appliance i have).

2. pjclark1

pjclark1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
    I can confirm RGB is not connected in the madcow scart.
    If you had searched the forum for "madcow" you would have read my post saying exactly that. They have used very poor quality unshielded cable, so the componant connection is also pooh! with a load of ringing if you try to use it.

3. sparkymarky

sparkymarky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    excellent. Fantastic. well thanks for the reply at least.

I now have two unts that claim to output rgb via scart when in fact they don't. Misrepresentation claim anyone???

So this leaves me with the question, how can I connect my xbox to my tv over a 4metre distance??? I thought this was the answer as i could connect a normal scart cable to the madcow box.

Any other ideas anyone???? Oh and must rgb capable!!!!!!!!

(i don't have componant inputs on tv either!)

4. sparkymarky

sparkymarky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    If i daisy chain the xbox through my skybox will i still get rgb throught the box to the tv???

5. sparkymarky

sparkymarky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    well just tried it through the skybox. Works quite well actually. Watching sky, click on xbox and it overrides sky. Cool

The pic seems sharper as though it is outputting rgb and the little green sign comes on the telly to say that rgb is being recieved, so i guess it works!

6. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    i don't knwo what kind of picture your getting there mate but i don't think it would be an rgb picture, as firstly the sky box isn't receiving a rgb signal and secondly i don't think that the second scart on a sky box is rbg wired either.

oh and you might want to add [/SIZE] to the end of your signature as it looks a bit silly.

7. sparkymarky

sparkymarky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    not sure about that iamtheone.

How come the skybox wont be recieving a rgb signal?? The xbox outputs rgb so it should initially recieve it shouldn't it?

with regard to the box passsing rgb i too initially thought it wasnt capable. But reading past threads it seems most newish boxes do. I think mines a newish all silver grundig.

Well the tv thinks it is recieving an rgb pic as it displays the three rgb dots coming into the box logo on the screen. When i was using the madcow adapter box it was only displaying the green 'box' logo with no rgb dotsin it. (if you get what i mean!)

I may have this wrong but it does appear to me and the tv to pass the rgb signal.

Any further thoughts???

8. zygote

zygote

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Those Madcow boxes are rubbish. I bought one for the component output which is OK in PAL interlaced but goes all ghosty when you switch it to NTSC progressive even though it claims to support prog scan :mad:

On the other hand, the bloke selling them has asked me to return them for a refund, so I don't think there's anything sinister going on, he probably just doesn't know how poor they are.

9. sparkymarky

sparkymarky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    i think i'll try asking him to refund me too.

After all, it doesn't do what it says on the box!

10. Goose74

Goose74

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I bought one of these boxes from console plus (I have since been refunded)
    On mine the scart output didnt work at at neither did the composite or optical. Only the s vid and coax worked.

Its a real shame because the pictures make the unit look like it will be quite heavyweight but it isnt. Real piece of rubbish!