Mad Men blueray noise problems

jacobmorrison

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed the added noise on the season 2 transfer of mad men compared to season one? Particularly the glass windows in the office swarm with noise. I've tried increasing the noise reduction on my Oppo 93 from +1 and it works but it creates more picture problems than it solves. I thought it could be a problem with my Hd ready Pioneer 4280 downsampling the 1080P/24fps but switching the Oppo to output in 720p made no difference. The TV's own noise reduction options don't have the power to tackle the problem at all. I'm scratching my head. Anyone else seen the same?

Has anyone else noticed the added noise on the season 2 transfer of mad men compared to season one? Particularly the glass windows in the office swarm with noise. I've tried increasing the noise reduction on my Oppo 93 from +1 and it works but it creates more picture problems than it solves. I thought it could be a problem with my Hd ready Pioneer 4280 downsampling the 1080P/24fps but switching the Oppo to output in 720p made no difference. The TV's own noise reduction options don't have the power to tackle the problem at all. I'm scratching my head. Anyone else seen the same?

Watched this on Blu when it came out and didn't notice anything unusual. The series looked beautiful, as always.

Best to keep all these "noise reduction" features at zero, especially if that is the factory/default setting. Tampering with them is probably causing playback problems because the Madmen Blu-Rays look very good indeed. They don't require you to adjust your equipment.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom