Mad Max Anthology (1979-2015) 4K UHD

I'd exercise caution regarding the UK Anthology set, I happen to know folks who have bought the set this week from Amazon UK and it's the old discs for MM2 and Beyond Thunderdome.

So my understanding so far is that the revised UK Anthology is now the only way to get MM2 & MM3 with both original audio tracks in lossless DTS-HD MA, meaning my entire exercise of waiting for the replacement for MM2 to list in the US and importing it along with MM3 to supplement my Kino 1 and Fury Road has been essentially a grand old waste of time and money, as now I’m forced to buy the damn Anthology anyway if I’m to have MM3 with the best audio. :mad:

Why does the corrected US discs not have the original audio? And has anybody heard when the people who got ithe faulty set shipped from Warner Bros likely to get replacement discs?

Why does the corrected US discs not have the original audio? And has anybody heard when the people who got ithe faulty set shipped from Warner Bros likely to get replacement discs?
They never issued a replacement MM3 disc, only MM2, but the UK MM3 in the anthology release was updated with improved audio anyway (some kind of gesture/bonus), which the original MM3 disc doesn't have, anywhere.

I thought it was only the us box sets that had an issue and it was mad max 2. From my understanding max max never had an issue and was only in atmos in the uk edition ?

Ok I’m in. Bit savage you couldn’t buy them individually because I have the Kino release of the mad max 1 which I’m not parting with. Mad max 2 tonight

Attachments

• 72527CC7-398E-4B0F-B74D-2B888AB4E8ED.jpeg
    72527CC7-398E-4B0F-B74D-2B888AB4E8ED.jpeg
    286 KB · Views: 83
still waiting for these supposed replacement discs for those of us who got the faulty set shipped from warner bros shop in november. Got an email in december heard nothing since. They dont even reply to emails.

Warner Bros UK shop? I think there's a new management company so that's maybe why.

1.PNG

MM2 re-release audio review

For purists,the corrected DTS-HD 2.0 theatrical mix will be the go-to option, and it seems to be the genuine article. This track features strong channel separation, dialogue that's well-balanced with background effects and music cues, and a gimmick-free atmosphere that gets the job done and nothing more. Somewhere between these two extremes is the DTS-HD 5.1 remix; it provides a comfortable middle ground for those more tied to "the original experience" but who want a bit of added weight. Either way, the available of all three options is very much appreciated, and for once a Warner Bros. catalog release has apparently gotten the audio 100% right... even if it took a few extra months.

Purist, me dear, who dear? I beg your pardon, how VERY dare you!

I think the atmos sounds great. Not too familiar with these original mixes anyway so I don’t have much basis for comparison

So is this ok to buy now in HMV or do they still have the audio issue?

Hi all, so If I want to purchase this Anthology set with the correct audio etc then the revised UK is better than corrected US set ??
Thanks
Owen

Watching Mad Max 2 now . Looks and sounds amazing.

untitled.PNG

I will! Still not ordered the MM2 rerelease maybe next week was waiting for something else to add to my order from Sanity.com.au but I have a $5 off code so will use it soon.

So, I've taken the plunge and ordered this UK set... so here's hoping!

Amazon product ASIN B09H3CSKJ5
Is there a quick and easy way to check on this set if I have the corrected discs for 'Mad Max 2: Road Warrior' and 'Mad Max 3:Thunderdome'???

Cheers guys!

In case anyone is waiting my US MM2 replacement (ordered from WOW initially) turned up today from WB. Not just a disc but the whole package with slip…

So, I've taken the plunge and ordered this UK set... so here's hoping!

Amazon product ASIN B09H3CSKJ5
Is there a quick and easy way to check on this set if I have the corrected discs for 'Mad Max 2: Road Warrior' and 'Mad Max 3:Thunderdome'???

Cheers guys!

Hey MJ did you order this?
...and if you did, are all the discs ok?
I've been putting off buying this for ages due to the reported issues.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom