Mad God (Shudder) Movie Review

Mark Costello

Distinguished Member
Last edited:

Russ 66

Distinguished Member
Very interesting film, one of the more bonkers things I have seen for while.
For some reason I didn't love it though, the "plot" is definitely secondary to the series of events as he traverses the underworld. It's lot's of ideas, no matter how weird mashed together and hammered into a story.
It does look absolutely amazing though and it's definitely not for the kids.

Rolph77

I am very much looking to watching this.
It's probably too much to ask but an indie label putting this onto physical with an extensive documentary would be superb.

Captain Ron

Distinguished Member
I am very much looking to watching this.
It's probably too much to ask but an indie label putting this onto physical with an extensive documentary would be superb.
Something this utterly weird and unique and arty is almost certainly guaranteed a "special deluxe edition" only physical release from a boutique publisher at some point.

I watched maybe 30 mins (about a third) of this. It really is singular a work of "art" in that sense, but it was disgusting and grim and a bit too much for me - in the best way possible.

It just isn't a film I wanted to spend a lot of time with, and in the absence of any significant plot, I sort of didn't care about any of it.

I can't argue with anyone who loved it for what it is, though. It truly is imaginative and visionary in so many ways, and I can't really think of anything else like it (although certain elements did feel like they were lifted from museums of modern art).

I'd say it's definitely worth a watch, but it's never going to be a commercial success, obviously. And that was never its aim.

SteveAWOL

Distinguished Member
Watched this up Prince Charles Cinema on Friday night and still trying to process what I saw but whilst I very much doubt I’d ever sit through Mad God again it was certainly worth 90 minutes of my time for such an unusual movie!

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN800B 8K TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom