Mad Dogs on Amazon Prime

Roku2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any personal reviews on the Amazon Prime Original series Mad Dogs? Is it available in UHD?
Thanks!:)

Not seen it but it is in UHD and HDR.

Not seen it but it is in UHD and HDR.
I cant find anything on Amazon Prime that would suggest Mad Dogs being avaialble in UHD/HDR...Do you have a link?

Mad Dogs is definitely in 4k here in the UK. If you can't see it in the list of 4K programs for Prime members on your app or whatever you watch it on then it isn't available for you in the US in 4K.

There are only a handful of 4K TV programmes so you can't miss it if it's there.

That is not fair

Could I get Mad Dogs in UHD if I used a VPN?

I contacted Amazon and I addressed this particular situation with Mad Dogs not being available in the US in UHD. I know this probably won't lead to much, but at least I pointed it out and the rep I spoke with said that he will definetely escalate this to a supervisor

Very intrigued by the pilot. I also noticed that the way it was shot is really beautiful, the colors are so vivid that make this series not just a story to keep you on the edge of your seat, but also a visual feast for your eyes:)

i thought the picture was average. hdr performance in particular is terrible. no brightness to it over sdr that i've seen so far. which hdr is all about..as well as the blacks, but can't tell a difference to those

i thought the picture was average. hdr performance in particular is terrible. no brightness to it over sdr that i've seen so far. which hdr is all about..as well as the blacks, but can't tell a difference to those
What display are you using? Look terrific on mine. Although took a fair bit of fiddling.

Js8500

I heard on the podcast the Samsungs' have a colour space problem with HDR. Perhaps that's something to do with it. But mad dogs and man in the high castle are often referred to as showpiece demos for HDR content. Many people say mad dogs is too over the top.

Js8500
I heard on the podcast the Samsungs' have a colour space problem with HDR. Perhaps that's something to do with it. But mad dogs and man in the high castle are often referred to as showpiece demos for HDR content. Many people say mad dogs is too over the top.

my tv does a fine job with 4k blu rays.

I am watching it in 1080 HD, but I am getting an exquisite picture, so full of vivid colors that I have to keep pushing the Info button to make sure I am streaming 1080 and not 2160.
I love the fact that there is none of that awfuly grainy look to this show...Picture is as smooth as silk

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom