mad as hell

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lisa burrell, Mar 12, 2006.

1. lisa burrell

lisa burrell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My friend she was so upset last night. Sitting at a bus stop with another friend. There was a young boy must have been 13 or 14 on the end of the seats seemed a nice lad on his own. Some hooded yobs walked by. Smacked him straight in the face kicked him this boy was crying so upset. We got upset. The Yobs run of cheering. Then 10 minutes later returned and beat him up again.

Why do we tolerate this. You all know you cant inform The police anymore. Because of family reprisals. From there side soon as you spoken up. Your life becomes hell.
    Come on At the end of the day we all got to live with each other. Hope you hear what I am saying.

Then I laid in my bed thinking .. What I would like to do with these type of animal.
    Do a Charles bronson? OK need a van and some guys who are able and feel as a lot of people must do. who are powerless, Because of do-gooders out there. about these hoodlums.

One of case hear my fantasy for the above. If.. I new who the ring leader the kicker the puncher was. Its always just one of them. With my vigilanti movement Kidnap him one night in the dark, throw a hood over him, hog tie them good. Throw them in the back of the van. Drive them round for two hours. You could have lots of wonderful conversations he could over hear. "What times the ferry leave to France" would be a corker. Then what you do this is cracking bit. You take him home.... he dose not know where he is. You dump him on his front lawn. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee's

You say.. If you move ten feet forward you will fall of a fifty foot cliff. So be careful.
    He lay there all night.. Needs plenty of changes of underwear. Then in the morning his neighbours going to work will pass have a good scoff.. His mum will pull the curtains
    To be greeted by this wonderful site of her Johnny hoodlum tied up on the front lawn. Imagine how Johnny hoodlum would feel!!!!!!! When the hood comes off. "He knows" why he had not a kicking, if you like, but a wake up call, a tap on the shoulder, . He cant go and say oh I was kidnapped last night by four men in a van. Why do you think that was then? He cant say well officer I think it was for the night before we kicked the crap out of some little boy at the bus stop. Cuz he would not give me a fag.. Can he... ?????? Something needs to be done.

I was reading in china they stand none of this. Yobs get taken to a sports field and shot in the back of the head. Before you do-gooders throw your arms to your keyboards and preach we cant do that... Just for one moment.. Stop and Think how that poor boy felt at the bus stop. Imagine he was not just anybody a statistic in your local paper. Imagine he was your flesh and blood. Or imagine even further.. It could have been you. Being kicked in the face for just trying to live your life. And someone walked past and just took a dislike to you maybe they did not like the colour of your hair...... Or skin

What do you think.... Am I alone.. . What would you all do. Or like to do?

2. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +484
    I'm with you if you can provide the van. My own son is 13 and I would stop at nothing to get the evil b'strds if that happened to him.

3. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Violence only ever begets violence. You make that point yourself when you talk about reprisals - the gangs on each side just go on getting bigger, till it all gets very, very ugly.

You'll know the council estate in that part of the world? Townsend? That's where I grew up. Saw some truly horrible things. Kids going round in gangs doing violence to people and property. And if you 'grass', you get a kicking, too. That estate is so bad, even the local bus company refuses to serve it. Too many rocks through windscreens and kids starting fires.

So I'm completely against the vigilante approach. I was pretty badly bullied at school, to the extent that I once took in a bread knife with the intention of doing someone serious harm. I'm bloody glad I didn't. Imagine the awful life I'd have now, especially if I'd killed someone.

Sadly, all we can do is try to lead by example, curb opportunities for such behaviour and educate the young from early as possible that this is no way to live. It'll take a long time, but even a reduction in such appalling behaviour has got to be better than nothing.

I'll add that I share your sentiments, however, about giving the toerags a fright! Trouble is, that's just going down to their level, and I'm not prepared to behave like them.

4. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +484
    see how you feel though if you have kids, I'm not pretending it makes it right, but unless you have kids you cannot imagine the strength of feeling you have for them as no other form of love comes close to it.

5. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm sure I'd feel exactly as you do. I'd hope, however, that I wouldn't set a poor example to them by behaving in a way similar to the way they were treated at the hands of such thugs. I hope, that is ...

6. jackal

jackal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :mad: :mad: You know these kids now feel above the law - they know the police will take no interest, do nothing. In fact so depraved are these kids now, you are lucky they did not have a go at you..

What to do? Fight fire with fire in my view. Yet doing so would get US in trouble with the law.

Until the good members of communities get together and en-masse make a stand - nothing will I'm afraid change.

In my case I went to my local Jackson's store last year some hoodies were ganging up on a bloke in his fifties who wouldn't buy them booze - :devil: I intervened and got arrested for my efforts (no charges though).

There be something really wrong in this country of ours! :mad:

7. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +484
    I know, I hope so to...but sheesh it would be tough not to.

8. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not saying you vigilantes aren't justified in harbouring feelings of anger and ill will. I'm just saying that acting on such feelings would only lead to bigger problems ... plus YOU suffering the consequences of police action, into the bargain!

I could tell you tales of when I was growing up that would turn your hair grey, including people getting scalped and set on fire! But still I insist that acting in an equivalent way leads nowhere. I know full well I'd be as outraged as any of you with kids if this happened to my son or daughter - Christ, I've taken enough unfair, unprovoked beatings in the past, including being knocked clean out by some kid who did boxing and just walked past me and landed one on my jaw - probably to the extent that with sufficient provocation I'd flip out and kill someone! But it's precisely because I know I'm capable of such unthinkable things that I prefer not to take such action. It benefits no one ... starting with me.

As for a solution, I'm not offering one. I simply don't know what that might be. But I'm sure as hell it ain't resorting to tit-for-tat violence.

9. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    "tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime" was one of the great soundbites of the late twentieth century. Shame that's all it was though.

10. jackal

jackal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :) I know what you are saying, it is just the general state of apathy towards these things in this country that leaves me and so many others mad!

11. overkill

overkill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,207
    Agreed. However, trying to sort out the root causes might be more productive. Nothing happened, or is likely to happen on that score either though.

12. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +484
    I wonder if anybody has got the guts to address the route causes? because you would have to start by fighting the symptoms first

13. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    The answer will be vigilantism

The way things are going Mr Average is going to flip and there WILL be dead thugs, before this happens thugs do need to be anonomously captured and beaten - regularly is necessary.

14. M-C-P-M

M-C-P-M

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    A lot of this behaviour stems from the get rich quick, and it does not matter how you do, and who you hurt to get it 80's ethos. Have you ever heard "Tramp the dirt down" Elvis Costello, great tune fantastic lyrics.

15. neilneil

neilneil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    The problem is we have been trying to rise above it and set a good example to kids by not behaving as they do and the situation has NOT got any better.
    Escalation of violence by beating bad kids doesn't work either.
    Perhaps we need a different tactic.
    You can't bring up the kids right if the parents don't care less about their actions.
    We need to make PARENTS responsible for THEIR childrens actions.
    If parents whinge that they can't control THEIR kids then perhaps they shouldn't be bringing up these kids. After all it's hardly fair on the kid either to be brought up like that, what hope will they have but a life of dead end jobs or crime.

-Neil

16. lisa burrell

lisa burrell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    many thanks for your responce i was really mad when i wrote it.. i was really nervouse after hitting submit thinking ............. should i have spouted my true feelings... I do hope this thread goes on a bit longer .

Reading all your replies. they all count. But was wondering do you think the cause of it is honestly that it is that the minority not the majority of the country rule it. This do good buisness dose my head in. you cant do this you cant say that. Dont you think giving children to much rights is... !!!!

17. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I would say that it has nothing whatsoever to do with that and I don't recall any young thrusting businessman in the 80's using or promoting mindless violence.

This is a social problem that will continue to get worse as long as Government has neither the will nor the wit to address it and take whatever steps are necessary. The majority of the Nimby population would quickly lose interest if the answer involved spending money and raising their taxes to fund it too.

18. Bat-man

Bat-man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +564
    But taxes don't need to be increased at all. We should use our, already sky-high, taxes efficiently. Trust me, as I have a fair bit to do with our local authority, they waste our tax pounds like you wouldn't believe.

19. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Children need rights. But more importantly, they need boundaries.

20. stealther

stealther

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +93
    I think that the reason so little is done is that the authorities are genuinely at a loss as to what to do. So you have different schools of thought such as the vigilante approach of flame meeting flame which I have to admit is my opinion more often than not. Or we have the idea of tackling the problems at the root. Neither of which will/do work.

21. colinwheeler

colinwheeler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +153
    It is back to respect! If those kids respected the younger kid, they would never have done that to him. Where I grew up somebody would have beaten the hell out of you if you had done something like that...right on the spot, or possibly the perpetrator would have been shot to stop him.

I am not saying it is the answer but these kids act in this way because they know that they are immune from any consequences. This is not the way to teach respect. Normal people learn repect by caring methods. Some people need to learn respect by figuring out the hard way that people can defend themselves (problem is that we are not allowed to defend ourselves).

I don't think we should shy away from these reponsibilities.

If I saw somebody harming a child or an animal, help me but I would not just walk away. I don't like violence but sometimes there is no other option as it is literally the only thing the other party will understand. If we had better options (such as ejection from our society) I would go for it, but we don't.

22. colinwheeler

colinwheeler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +153
    I agree with Sean on this one Lisa, it is your duty to report these people with as much evidence as you can!!!

I will report any violent crime as soon as possible, if possible even think about citizen's arrest (don't know if it is legal in this country - better look it up) to deal with the situation.

23. overkill

overkill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,207
    Agreed. The ethos was "who cares about anyone or anything as long as you're making a fat pile". By the time that reached the 'lower reaches' of society it had just become "who cares about anyone or anything". It was a message coming right from the top.............

24. jackal

jackal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If it is bad for us, just think how frightening and confusing the world must seem for senior citizens.....hell, they are lucky not to be mugged and beaten every time they go out (at least here up north) - and don't tell me that started in the eighties.

It is almost as though there is something in the water supply that is breeding so much aggression everywhere especially in teens.

I hate violence, but have learned the hard way, that for some people this is the only language they will ever understand - to back down is to invite violence upon yourself, such is the lack of respect some people have toward others today.

Blame the shools, blame the government, but more imprtantly blame the parents!

25. Bat-man

Bat-man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +564
    About fifteen years ago I was on the receiving end of homophobic violence.
    Cutting a long story short, I went to the perpetrators home to tackle his parents about it. I was somewhat stumped, when I was invited into their lounge, to see a picture of Hitler taking pride of place over the fireplace!

26. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +850
    I take it you blame them for not teaching you how to spell? :D

27. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +484
    I assume they weren't overly sympathetic then?

28. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +484
    Trouble is the 'parents' are no more than kids themselves in a lot of cases. A lot of them aren't fit to own a goldfish let alone breed.

29. jackal

jackal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ha!.....My mother would be horrified, all those private school fees for nothing.....Dyslexically yours...

30. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I was not advocating BTW just saying it WILL happen - the ordinary people will fight back.

Police seem disinterested, my wife saw some attempted breakins - took Police 12 hours to arrive.