Macworld 2008 Thread

ash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5opm UK Time, can't wait!

This is thetime of year the laptops get updated I think?

The slogan this year is:
macworld2008bannermoscojw6.jpg

Some most likely to do with something wireless :p

Macrumours usually have a live update page.

Looking interesting. Maybe this air thing is to do with all their products, not just a new one. Syncing wirelessy the iphone with your mac must be coming for starters.

apple_air.jpg

Looking interesting. Maybe this air thing is to do with all their products, not just a new one. Syncing wirelessy the iphone with your mac must be coming for starters.

apple_air.jpg

Where did you find thiat pic???

Apple Air Poster!!!!
Looks you can connect to you mac, from your iPhone, maybe even stream videos and music over the internet, or Local network!!

i haven't seen that pic or poster on any of the gadget and tech blogs!!!

Where did you find thiat pic???

Apple Air Poster!!!!
Looks you can connect to you mac, from your iPhone, maybe even stream videos and music over the internet, or Local network!!

i haven't seen that pic or poster on any of the gadget and tech blogs!!!

In a mac forum which I don't think I'm allowed to post to. Basically half the forum are saying it's photoshopped, the other half say it isn't. Guess we'll find out soon.

Personally my predictions are:

- iTunes movie rentals (24 hour period)
- A new Apple TV which you can download directly to from iTunes
- A new ultra portable laptop. Probably won't have an optical drive, and may have some touch gesture technology. Will have flash memory as well.
- iPhone SDK is spoken about some more, and what will be the first things out for it. Plus various firmware updates.

There's usually a surprise or too, so I'll be happy if I get 3/4 right :smashin:

My girlfriend has just got in from work (my day off) and her prediction is "It will all be amazing but I'm sure it will be too expensive for me to afford". Typical situation, I buy it, she spends her money on clothes and shoes and still gets the benifits from both :suicide:

no mention of larger iPhones. As from tonight, customize homepage, multiple SMS, improved google maps. Basically all as leaked. iPod touch has now got mail, stocks, weather, notes... But for a $20 fee! Apple tv 2 just announced.... No need for computer, rent movies, hd capabilities----- rent movies from iTunes.....

Got to buy an Apple TV 2, finally a standalone box and HD downloads :D

Yeah the Apple TV 2 does sound extremely interesting indeed. So THATS how they are gonna get into people's living rooms.... no computer required! To the consumer, its a set top box in essence, and we are all used to buying set top boxes these days... but mention a computer and a lot of people are put off.

Clever, very clever.

Yep... they actually called it that!!

Hmm, I dont quite understand how it would fit inside an envelope, but still, we shall see.

Features sound nowt special though.

That looks as if you could snap it, it's wafer thin:D

I thought it would have a smaller screen than 13.3" though. That means it will have pretty much the same footprint as the normal macbook.

wow

Attachments

• macworld08389.jpg
    macworld08389.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 91

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom