Macs have now got the intel chip

la gran siete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wish I'd known that :mad: for I would have waited until now before buying one. Apparently a closely guarded secret to prevent thug Gates form scuppering it. Means the computer will work even faster anb be accessible to Windows OS
Gates is a nasty peace of work IMV resenting the fact that someone else does something better than he does eg iPod.

I'm sure if you was in Gate's shoes, you'd be equally ruthless ;)

Anyway he's the world's biggest philanthropist now :)

P.S. Yes, it is old news...

PC's have had intel chips for years now and you can get them for much less than Macs. How do you like them apples?

What as Apples using Intel CPU's got to do with Bill Gates?

eg ipod? microsoft hasnt released something to compete with this yet. But they will, and it should be good. Gates hasnt got anything to worry about at all. Macs are better off with intel chips now. Im sure Gates isnt losing any sleep over it

mjn said:
What as Apples using Intel CPU's got to do with Bill Gates?

I've no idea either, as far as I know Gates does not own Intel :rolleyes:

ush flynn said:
eg ipod? microsoft hasnt released something to compete with this yet. But they will, and it should be good.
I'm not sure what is taking them so long, or why anyone would expect Microsoft to deliver a better product than the iPod. Apple has wiped the floor with all of their competitors so far. I'd say the iPod has almost become the generic term for the product, like Hoover did with .. err .. hoovers.

LFC_SL said:
I'm sure if you was in Gate's shoes, you'd be equally ruthless ;)

Anyway he's the world's biggest philanthropist now :)

P.S. Yes, it is old news...
No I wouldnt! For one thing monopolies are a bad thing and good competion is healthy. Gates cannot stand the fact thast someone else can do something nbetter than he can. The man is a muppet

la gran siete said:
No I wouldnt! For one thing monopolies are a bad thing and good competion is healthy. Gates cannot stand the fact thast someone else can do something nbetter than he can. The man is a muppet

Such a muppet that he was able to turn a piece of software that was being binned into one of the most succesful companies ever.....

The way I see it MS did not have a monopoly the others were/are just nowhere near the performance of the company and are having little pops at them....A monopoly is a strange thing, a company is so good that everyone wants their products or think they want their products which is ultimately the goal of most, but once they reach that goal they are not allowed to keep it and it is called a bad thing :confused:

A bit like Schumacher was and Tiger Woods....In my opinion the competition should wake up and make some products we want instead of spending their energy lobbying governments and trying to get compensation that way....

Just my 2p....

i would not buy another pc as long as i live. In my book they are inferior product all the more so now Macs have intel in them. Psc have obviously been marketed better and they have become the thing to have but in terns of quality and performance - no way Jose.Macs are brilliant and i wouldnt be without one . So easy to use with great tutorials and they look far better too without that ugly box. I cannot abide a man who is so hell bent on destroying any kind of opposition and hates the fact that some can do somethings better than he can. 'Gates you are a muppet however rich you may be'
The only thing wroing with Macs is the lack of compatability with Msn products which is entirely the fault of that greedy power hungry empresario

Post 12 only true if you don't game

:)

Ironic thing about this post is it's only true because it "is entirely the fault of that greedy power hungry empresario"

:rotfl: Gotta love life :p

la gran siete said:
The only thing wroing with Macs is the lack of compatability with Msn products which is entirely the fault of that greedy power hungry empresario

Considering MSN is the MicroSoft Network I am surprised you are bothered! I haven't touched my G3 for a while, but I am certain that pre-OSX there was compatibility....

LGS, I still don't undertsnad where the ipod comes into this?

Also, you say:

Means the computer will work even faster anb be accessible to Windows OS

Why would you want access to Windows OS, when you hate Mr Gates so much?:suicide:

:smashin: :)

That's what I post on forums all the time responding to people doing free PR for Jobs. "Only true if you don't game."

Irony is Jobs wants to get game developers and businesses on board. Then the roles would be reversed :p

Wait - which one is Darth, and which is Yoda? :rotfl:

Edit: incidentally iPod on Windows works just as flawlessly as on a Mac from my own experience

Edit 2: If this is just a rant against capitalist pigs, just say it! I'll throw more names in; Maccy D, Nike, Intel etc etc

mrtbag said:
LGS, I still don't undertsnad where the ipod comes into this?

Also, you say:

Why would you want access to Windows OS, when you hate Mr Gates so much?:suicide:
I never used the word hate. Hate is something I reserve for evil.
I n this case i disapprove or dislike not hate. As to your question there are certain aspects of windows which would be useful to me and others who prefer Macs

competition is a good thing for it gives people choice and keeps prices down . Bill gates is someone whoo dislikes any form of competition and will do his utmost to destroy it . H e should be stopped .

la gran siete said:
i would not buy another pc as long as i live. In my book they are inferior product all the more so now Macs have intel in them. Psc have obviously been marketed better and they have become the thing to have but in terns of quality and performance - no way Jose.Macs are brilliant and i wouldnt be without one . So easy to use with great tutorials and they look far better too without that ugly box. I cannot abide a man who is so hell bent on destroying any kind of opposition and hates the fact that some can do somethings better than he can. 'Gates you are a muppet however rich you may be'

Stop it, you're killing me.......

PC's didn't have better marketing at all. IBM lets other develop compatible hardware, whereas Apple, kept it all in house. Making upgrades for Apples seriously expensive and restricted.....they had a bit of a monopoly really.

mjn said:
Stop it, you're killing me.......

PC's didn't have better marketing at all. IBM lets other develop compatible hardware, whereas Apple, kept it all in house. Making upgrades for Apples seriously expensive and restricted.....they had a bit of a monopoly really.
not so expensive now.IBM replaced with Intel chips

la gran siete said:
not so expensive now.IBM replaced with Intel chips

Maybe not, but are still seriously restricted in terms of upgrades and repairs compared to a PC.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom