Quantcast

Macs have now got the intel chip

Reign-Mack

mrtbag said:
I think LGS is obviously bitter and twisted about wasting his money!!:rotfl:
No he is just demented... I mean I he starts of by trying to say that MACs with Intel's is some sort of closely guarded secrete ... yet everybody has known about it for ages nowm when that silly theory gets lampooned he moves on to more inane shiete:confused:

la gran siete

Distinguished Member
Reign-Mack said:
No he is just demented... I mean I he starts of by trying to say that MACs with Intel's is some sort of closely guarded secrete ... yet everybody has known about it for ages nowm when that silly theory gets lampooned he moves on to more inane shiete:confused:
It WAS closely guarded secret for about 4 years- during development

Mylo

Novice Member
It may have been secret during development, but it's been publicly known for 6 months now.

I don't see where this thread is going.

Seth Gecko

retired member
Mylo said:
It may have been secret during development, but it's been publicly known for 6 months now.

I don't see where this thread is going.
You don't? I got lost with "not so expensive now.IBM replaced with Intel chips"

IBM PC's had the Intel 8086/88 chips in and Macs had Motorola 68000 series originally (If my memory serves me well). The poster was making the statement regarding IBM compatible PC's having an open architecture with everything from ISA, E-ISA, VESA and even to a degree the MCA slots. Apple........well, they didn't let anyone play with their toys and it cost them.

End of the day - Intel CPU's in Mac's? That's so 2005......... :)

Reign-Mack

la gran siete said:
It WAS closely guarded secret for about 4 years- during development
Yeah thats R&D genius, and your original post implied that it is currently are closely guarded secret when you *were proven to be wrong you chose to fall back on the development stages simply put you are talking about things you know little about as usual.

la gran siete

Distinguished Member
Reign-Mack said:
Yeah thats R&D genius, and your original post implied that it is currently are closely guarded secret when you where proved wrong you chose to fall back on the development stages simply put you are talking about things you know little about as usual.
Not at all, its just how you chose to read it:rolleyes:

Reign-Mack

Just admit that you assumed it was a big secret simply because you did not know. It only takes a little research to avoid talking lots of non-sense.

la gran siete

Distinguished Member
Reign-Mack said:
Just admit that you assumed it was a big secret simply because you did not know. It only takes a little research to avoid talking lots of non-sense.
Nothing to admit, sunbeam!

FaxFan2002

Seth Gecko said:
You don't? I got lost with "not so expensive now.IBM replaced with Intel chips"

IBM PC's had the Intel 8086/88 chips in and Macs had Motorola 68000 series originally (If my memory serves me well). The poster was making the statement regarding IBM compatible PC's having an open architecture with everything from ISA, E-ISA, VESA and even to a degree the MCA slots. Apple........well, they didn't let anyone play with their toys and it cost them.

End of the day - Intel CPU's in Mac's? That's so 2005......... :)
Interesting points especially with regards architecture - IMHO thats one of the downfalls of the PC, trying to make it work with so many different vendors i.e. motherboards, memory, different slots etc. it all adds up to something that will at some point foul up and not work. Having a closed book on architecture means the OS can be made to fit the hardware and vice versa making it an entirely more, shall we say, stable experience. I guess thats why large UNIX systems (SUN, IBM, HP etc.) still have specific hardware / OS combinations.

Seth Gecko

retired member
FaxFan2002 said:
Interesting points especially with regards architecture - IMHO thats one of the downfalls of the PC, trying to make it work with so many different vendors i.e. motherboards, memory, different slots etc. it all adds up to something that will at some point foul up and not work.
Personally speaking, I've not had that issue in 17 years of owning a PC (everything from an IBM XT running at 4.77mhz upwards) and it's even less true now, but then I'm not someone you'll find in a PC World store either ;).

FaxFan2002

Seth Gecko said:
Personally speaking, I've not had that issue in 17 years of owning a PC (everything from an IBM XT running at 4.77mhz upwards) and it's even less true now, but then I'm not someone you'll find in a PC World store either ;).
Indeed, to the masses I believe the Mac makes more sense. I work in IT, never really had a major issue with any PC i've owned but then again I tend to know what I'm doing.

Seth Gecko

retired member
FaxFan2002 said:
Indeed, to the masses I believe the Mac makes more sense. I work in IT, never really had a major issue with any PC i've owned but then again I tend to know what I'm doing.
Agreed - I work in IT in a very niche area. Working with Macs in the unusual way I have to (not as a user, nor as IT support), I find the only thing they're good for is keeping my door open.

BUT (before everyone calls me the devil - it's not true, and besides, I destroyed the paper trail) ;)

As posted in the other thread, to each their own. For how I use a computer in my work, a Mac is no good to me whatsoever.

la gran siete

Distinguished Member
I wouldnt touch PC with a barge pole alhtough I stll have one on my left. It just stands there unused:)

mjn

Distinguished Member
la gran siete said:
I wouldnt touch PC with a barge pole alhtough I stll have one on my left. It just stands there unused:)
Thinking...."thank **** that LGS doesn't use me....."

Seth Gecko

retired member
la gran siete said:
But then, as stressed, if you read my post, I'm not a "user" :)

It has nothing to do with being snobby - it has everything to do with what I do and what it is used for.

la gran siete

Distinguished Member
yes of course. Each to their own I guess.