Quantcast

Macs have now got the intel chip

la gran siete

Distinguished Member
Wish I'd known that :mad: for I would have waited until now before buying one. Apparently a closely guarded secret to prevent thug Gates form scuppering it. Means the computer will work even faster anb be accessible to Windows OS
Gates is a nasty peace of work IMV resenting the fact that someone else does something better than he does eg iPod.
 

Steven

Senior Moderator
I'm sure if you was in Gate's shoes, you'd be equally ruthless ;)

Anyway he's the world's biggest philanthropist now :)

P.S. Yes, it is old news...
 

mickrick

Banned
PC's have had intel chips for years now and you can get them for much less than Macs. How do you like them apples?
 

mjn

Distinguished Member
What as Apples using Intel CPU's got to do with Bill Gates?
 

ush flynn

Novice Member
eg ipod? microsoft hasnt released something to compete with this yet. But they will, and it should be good. Gates hasnt got anything to worry about at all. Macs are better off with intel chips now. Im sure Gates isnt losing any sleep over it
 

Pat_C

Novice Member
ush flynn said:
eg ipod? microsoft hasnt released something to compete with this yet. But they will, and it should be good.
I'm not sure what is taking them so long, or why anyone would expect Microsoft to deliver a better product than the iPod. Apple has wiped the floor with all of their competitors so far. I'd say the iPod has almost become the generic term for the product, like Hoover did with .. err .. hoovers.
 

la gran siete

Distinguished Member
LFC_SL said:
I'm sure if you was in Gate's shoes, you'd be equally ruthless ;)

Anyway he's the world's biggest philanthropist now :)

P.S. Yes, it is old news...
No I wouldnt! For one thing monopolies are a bad thing and good competion is healthy. Gates cannot stand the fact thast someone else can do something nbetter than he can. The man is a muppet
 

Bl4ckGryph0n

Distinguished Member
la gran siete said:
No I wouldnt! For one thing monopolies are a bad thing and good competion is healthy. Gates cannot stand the fact thast someone else can do something nbetter than he can. The man is a muppet
Such a muppet that he was able to turn a piece of software that was being binned into one of the most succesful companies ever.....

The way I see it MS did not have a monopoly the others were/are just nowhere near the performance of the company and are having little pops at them....A monopoly is a strange thing, a company is so good that everyone wants their products or think they want their products which is ultimately the goal of most, but once they reach that goal they are not allowed to keep it and it is called a bad thing :confused:

A bit like Schumacher was and Tiger Woods....In my opinion the competition should wake up and make some products we want instead of spending their energy lobbying governments and trying to get compensation that way....

Just my 2p....
 

la gran siete

Distinguished Member
i would not buy another pc as long as i live. In my book they are inferior product all the more so now Macs have intel in them. Psc have obviously been marketed better and they have become the thing to have but in terns of quality and performance - no way Jose.Macs are brilliant and i wouldnt be without one . So easy to use with great tutorials and they look far better too without that ugly box. I cannot abide a man who is so hell bent on destroying any kind of opposition and hates the fact that some can do somethings better than he can. 'Gates you are a muppet however rich you may be'
The only thing wroing with Macs is the lack of compatability with Msn products which is entirely the fault of that greedy power hungry empresario
 

rhino2k

Well-known Member

Steven

Senior Moderator
Post 12 only true if you don't game

:)

Ironic thing about this post is it's only true because it "is entirely the fault of that greedy power hungry empresario"

:rotfl: Gotta love life :p
 

Bl4ckGryph0n

Distinguished Member
la gran siete said:
The only thing wroing with Macs is the lack of compatability with Msn products which is entirely the fault of that greedy power hungry empresario
Considering MSN is the MicroSoft Network I am surprised you are bothered! I haven't touched my G3 for a while, but I am certain that pre-OSX there was compatibility....
 

la gran siete

Distinguished Member
And I dont game if i can help it
 

mrtbag

Novice Member
LGS, I still don't undertsnad where the ipod comes into this?

Also, you say:

Means the computer will work even faster anb be accessible to Windows OS
Why would you want access to Windows OS, when you hate Mr Gates so much?:suicide:
 

Steven

Senior Moderator
:smashin: :)

That's what I post on forums all the time responding to people doing free PR for Jobs. "Only true if you don't game."

Irony is Jobs wants to get game developers and businesses on board. Then the roles would be reversed :p

Wait - which one is Darth, and which is Yoda? :rotfl:

Edit: incidentally iPod on Windows works just as flawlessly as on a Mac from my own experience

Edit 2: If this is just a rant against capitalist pigs, just say it! I'll throw more names in; Maccy D, Nike, Intel etc etc
 

la gran siete

Distinguished Member
mrtbag said:
LGS, I still don't undertsnad where the ipod comes into this?

Also, you say:



Why would you want access to Windows OS, when you hate Mr Gates so much?:suicide:
I never used the word hate. Hate is something I reserve for evil.
I n this case i disapprove or dislike not hate. As to your question there are certain aspects of windows which would be useful to me and others who prefer Macs

competition is a good thing for it gives people choice and keeps prices down . Bill gates is someone whoo dislikes any form of competition and will do his utmost to destroy it . H e should be stopped .
 

mjn

Distinguished Member
la gran siete said:
i would not buy another pc as long as i live. In my book they are inferior product all the more so now Macs have intel in them. Psc have obviously been marketed better and they have become the thing to have but in terns of quality and performance - no way Jose.Macs are brilliant and i wouldnt be without one . So easy to use with great tutorials and they look far better too without that ugly box. I cannot abide a man who is so hell bent on destroying any kind of opposition and hates the fact that some can do somethings better than he can. 'Gates you are a muppet however rich you may be'
The only thing wroing with Macs is the lack of compatability with Msn products which is entirely the fault of that greedy power hungry empresario
Stop it, you're killing me.......

PC's didn't have better marketing at all. IBM lets other develop compatible hardware, whereas Apple, kept it all in house. Making upgrades for Apples seriously expensive and restricted.....they had a bit of a monopoly really.
 

la gran siete

Distinguished Member
mjn said:
Stop it, you're killing me.......

PC's didn't have better marketing at all. IBM lets other develop compatible hardware, whereas Apple, kept it all in house. Making upgrades for Apples seriously expensive and restricted.....they had a bit of a monopoly really.
not so expensive now.IBM replaced with Intel chips
 

mjn

Distinguished Member
la gran siete said:
not so expensive now.IBM replaced with Intel chips
Maybe not, but are still seriously restricted in terms of upgrades and repairs compared to a PC.
 

la gran siete

Distinguished Member
mrtbag said:
I think LGS is obviously bitter and twisted about wasting his money!!:rotfl:
I dont do bitter and twisted m8, just slightly miffed thats all:)
 

Reign-Mack

Active Member
mrtbag said:
I think LGS is obviously bitter and twisted about wasting his money!!:rotfl:
No he is just demented... I mean I he starts of by trying to say that MACs with Intel's is some sort of closely guarded secrete ... yet everybody has known about it for ages nowm when that silly theory gets lampooned he moves on to more inane shiete:confused:
 

la gran siete

Distinguished Member
Reign-Mack said:
No he is just demented... I mean I he starts of by trying to say that MACs with Intel's is some sort of closely guarded secrete ... yet everybody has known about it for ages nowm when that silly theory gets lampooned he moves on to more inane shiete:confused:
It WAS closely guarded secret for about 4 years- during development
 

Mylo

Novice Member
It may have been secret during development, but it's been publicly known for 6 months now.

I don't see where this thread is going.
 

Seth Gecko

retired member
Mylo said:
It may have been secret during development, but it's been publicly known for 6 months now.

I don't see where this thread is going.
You don't? I got lost with "not so expensive now.IBM replaced with Intel chips"

IBM PC's had the Intel 8086/88 chips in and Macs had Motorola 68000 series originally (If my memory serves me well). The poster was making the statement regarding IBM compatible PC's having an open architecture with everything from ISA, E-ISA, VESA and even to a degree the MCA slots. Apple........well, they didn't let anyone play with their toys and it cost them.

End of the day - Intel CPU's in Mac's? That's so 2005......... :)
 

Similar threads

Trending threads

Latest News

Sky adds 300 hours of Channel 5 box-sets
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung Smart TVs from 2012-2015 require update for BBC iPlayer
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 9th December 2019
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Samsung's new AI ScaleNet codec supports 8K streaming
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Top Bottom