MACs and TS109 Pro?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Empgamer, Sep 3, 2007.

1. Empgamer

Empgamer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I was tempted to paset this in the MAC forum but, as I intend to use the NAS for music by and large I wondered whether there are any issues with using a MAC with a TS 109 Pro or the Linkstation Live for that matter. It will likely be easier and preferable for me to manage the library from our MAC Book albeit I will be using a PC to rip to FLAC using dBpowerAMP.

Just so my plans are clear I intend to rip the CDs in FLAC to a 320Gb Seagate Freeagent. Take that abroad, dumpt the contents of that to a NAS, connect it to a wirless router, install a Sonos and manage the NAS contents etc and usage via a MacBook.

2. dpstjp

dpstjp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    Shouldn't be a problem. Don't forget you can also boot an Intel Mac to Windows using Bootcamp, so I use XP and EAC to rip to FLAC onto my NAS from my iMac (apologies for the stream of tlas). You could use Toast to rip to FLAC on your Mac as well, but this is not as cheap an option. There are also plenty of free applications to change the metatags on your FLAC files as well.

One issue I do have is working out how to create album art icons for my album folders on my NAS. Haven't found an easy solution to that one yet.

dpstjp

3. Empgamer

Empgamer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Thanks. I use dBpowerAMP to rip on a PC and that gets its art from AMG. I will dump that FLAC music to a Seagate external hard drive and then copy fro that to a NAS. It's only really about linking the Mac to the external hard drive (loaded from a PC) and then managig the transfer of the usic on it to the NAS. Hopefully there will be no problems.