macrovision removal?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by John Sparks, Jun 3, 2002.

1. John Sparks

John Sparks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HAS ANYONE GOT EXPERIANCE WITH USING EXTERNAL MACRO REMOVAL BOXES ?, I'M AFTER A TOSHIBA 510 FOR £250 FROM RICHER SOUNDS BUT I DO NEED MACRO OFF SO I CAN SEND SIGNAL INTO A STANDARDS CONVERTOR ( WANT TO TAKE TOSH TO USA AND WANT TO WATCH MY REGION 2 PAL DISCS ON NTSC TV.WHAT IS THE QUALITY LOSS ISSUE WHEN USING THESE LITTLE BOXES .CHEERS. J.S.

2. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +892
    for a start the quality is awful, then hardly any tv sets in the states will handle the 50hz signal of Pal anyway.
    you would be best to buy a $79 dvd player from bestbuy or somewhere when you get out there.
    unless you were thinking of buying a decent standrds convertor that changes the signal to a true ntsc 3.58 signal , but these are more money than the dvd player you are looking at.

3. John Sparks

John Sparks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i should have made myself more clear , when i go to the U.S. i will be buying the Samsung w5000 convertor vcr , hence the need to feeed in a PAL signal without Macrovision so the Samsung can do its function correctly. I want/ed the Toshiba 510 as it has progressive NTSC o/p. The standards conversion is'nt to much of a worry It's the macro off and the possible quality loss that i'm wanting to resolve , i'm just worried of rubbish PAL in , rubbish NTSC out . I have only about 20 region 2 PAL discs which i still want to play but as time goes on my collection will be of course mainly region 1 , except for me getting UK stuff such as British comedy sent over..
    Thanks. J.S.

4. roadtorode

roadtorode

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The macromaster cable (£30ish from innovations !) does the job very well without extra boxes (the electronics is in the cable but it needs a power supply (provided))