Macrovision protection on Sky Box Office Events, need help!

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Waynej, Nov 18, 2004.

1. Waynej

Waynej

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,084
    Hey, iv got Sky+ and this past Sunday I ordered an event WWE Survivor Series, and was annoyed to ind out that when I played the recording of it back from the HDD and attempted to record to my DVD recorder, it came up with a message 'copy protected', for a £14.95 event i was dissapointed, is there any way around this?

I know there is Scart cables available that disable macrovision protection, but my DVD Recorder only has an S-Video input, so does anyone know if theres any cables of the same type for S-Video?

Basically setup is, S-vdeo from Sky+ to DVD Recorder.

If there is not any S-video cables of this type, could someone recommend a decent Scart Cable that will do this(will record to VCR that way, if no S-video cable), as I'm new to this stuff.

Thanks for any help.

The programme will remain on the Sky+ HDD for over 220 hours. so hopefully if there is a cable that will give me enough time to order it and get it sorted.

2. bobcar

bobcar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    We're not allowed to discuss this on this forum, see the message at the top of the DVD recorder forum.

3. Waynej

Waynej

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,084
    oh, i thought this would have been the best place to post it, as the problem is with Sky+ as the repeats are not protected, for some reason when u record them to the hdd and play them back, then there protected, don't make sense to me really.