1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Macrovision protection on Sky Box Office Events, need help!

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Waynej, Nov 18, 2004.

1. Waynej

Waynej

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +856
    Hey, iv got Sky+ and this past Sunday I ordered an event WWE Survivor Series, and was annoyed to ind out that when I played the recording of it back from the HDD and attempted to record to my DVD recorder, it came up with a message 'copy protected', for a £14.95 event i was dissapointed, is there any way around this?

I know there is Scart cables available that disable macrovision protection, but my DVD Recorder only has an S-Video input, so does anyone know if theres any cables of the same type for S-Video?

Basically setup is, S-vdeo from Sky+ to DVD Recorder.

If there is not any S-video cables of this type, could someone recommend a decent Scart Cable that will do this(will record to VCR that way, if no S-video cable), as I'm new to this stuff.

Thanks for any help.

The programme will remain on the Sky+ HDD for over 220 hours. so hopefully if there is a cable that will give me enough time to order it and get it sorted.

2. bobcar

bobcar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    We're not allowed to discuss this on this forum, see the message at the top of the DVD recorder forum.

3. Waynej

Waynej

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +856
    oh, i thought this would have been the best place to post it, as the problem is with Sky+ as the repeats are not protected, for some reason when u record them to the hdd and play them back, then there protected, don't make sense to me really.