1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Macrovision on RGBS

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by stanleyntl, Nov 26, 2004.

1. stanleyntl

stanleyntl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Is the macrovision signal carried on the RGB output of DVD players?
    I assumed that only composite and svideo output was affected because this stops vhs/svhs recorders from copying discs; also most US DVD recorders only support svideo recording not component or RGB.
    If so, how? Surely component colour signals (R,G and B) and the sync line (composite) can't carry a macrovision signal too?

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    composite sync is composite so will carry the macrovision signal have a search for SDI.......................................;)

3. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Macrovision is carried in the sync pulses, so it doesn't matter what format the video signal takes, it will be there.

4. Video Filter

Video Filter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can asure you that Macrovision is carried through the "Y" Components output of the "Y", "Pb, "Pr" signals. I have done many experiments with this.

If you need a way to filter out Macrovision from components outputs, the Video Filter is the only device in the market that I know of, which allows you do do this.

Sine I can't post sites for devices that do this on this forum, according to the moderator, you can write to me at [email address removed] and I will then point you to the website.