1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Macrovision Inquisition !!!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by tiberious, Mar 23, 2001.

1. tiberious

tiberious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Macrovision (the company) are coming in to give a presentation to potential investors (my company) on Monday Morning.

If anyone has any questions they would like me to ask (keep `em clean), I`d be happy to ask them.

I`ll post over on the DVD section as well - maybe they can give some guidance on the PAL/PROGRESSIVE question for example.

I`ll post the replies on the forum here.

2. Jenz

Jenz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tiberious,

Was there any outcome?

3. tiberious

tiberious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    JENZ

Outcome ?

Well, lets say it was an interesting insight.The guy who came in was the chairman and ceo (he developed the system!)- and he was a very clever guy.

Pal progressive ? - asked the question, the answer came back straight away - "we`re ready to go, the system is there, they just have to say do it !!"

Frustrating that "they" can`t just say "do it" then.

Interesting chat on "colorstripe" protection and watermarking.Bottom line - very profitable company, great model - will make even more when cd protection is adopted (death of minidisc ? - probably).

IF you have any specific areas of interest, let me know - we may have covered them too.

Tibs