Macrovision Inquisition !

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by tiberious, Mar 23, 2001.

1. tiberious

tiberious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Macrovision (the company) are coming in to give a presentation to potential investors (my company) on Monday Morning.
    If anyone has any questions they would like me to ask (keep `em clean), I`d be happy to ask them.
    I`ll post over on the DVD section as well - maybe they can give some guidance on the PAL/PROGRESSIVE question for example.

I`ll post the replies on the forum here.

2. adamhamilton

adamhamilton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a question - please can they work with electronics manufactures so they can make sure that projectors are unaffected by Macrovision.

Thanks.

3. Fartpants

Fartpants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can not understand why anyone would invest in copyright technology that has already been broken.

Or do they have a son of macrovision lined up?

4. tiberious

tiberious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you can give me some specifics on the problems you see , I`d be happy to ask.

Why would anyone invest - broken or not, it is still used on some 300 million dvds , as well as Vids/Digital tv etc etc. They make their money licencing the technology (and make a bloody fortune !)

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can you plz ask them how they can justify a technology that compromises picture quality? I am not a video pirate but I still find macrovision to be nothing more than a pain in the ar*e.