1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Macrovision Hardware

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by richardS, Aug 27, 2005.

1. richardS

Standard Member

Sep 14, 2004
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Before anyone bans this subject...as I noticed on another thread, would someone please point me in the right direction....?

I have a home cinema in one room and transmit the signal from Sky+/VCR/DVD to a TV in another room via RF.

My children (especially in summer time) cannot watch their DVDs on the cinema as the room is too light (I haven't sorted the blinds yet!!) so I send the DVD picture through the VCR (Via Scart) and then from the VCR (L3) through the RF to the TV.

Guess what my problem is...? Yep, some DVDs don't play properly on the TV and I guess that this is a Macrovision thing.

I wondered if there was a better way to get the signal via RF to my TV without it being "screwed up" by the Macrovision protection? If I can ask this....Is there a good piece of hardware that I can put between the DVD and the VCR (Scarts) to sort this out???

Waiting in anticipation of this question being edited....but in the hope that this is a genuine - non pirate question.....